Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:57:40 am

Author Topic: Biology SAC aftermath: my study score dreams and aspirations  (Read 1069 times)  Share 

gameboy99

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Biology SAC aftermath: my study score dreams and aspirations
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:33:32 am »
Hey guys. In my first sac I disappointedly got a low A which I believe is just a bit higher than the average sac mark. I was just wondering if I can still achieve a 45+ study score taking into account that my cohort is very strong and possibly will do well in the end of the year. Could someone help???
2016: Biology [39]
2017: English [39], Chemistry [42], Further [46] Methods (CAS) [41]
ATAR: 95.20

Yacoubb

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Biology SAC aftermath: my study score dreams and aspirations
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:07:33 am »
+2
Hey guys. In my first sac I disappointedly got a low A which I believe is just a bit higher than the average sac mark. I was just wondering if I can still achieve a 45+ study score taking into account that my cohort is very strong and possibly will do well in the end of the year. Could someone help???

It's still very possible to get 45+. Biology has like 10 SACs so you have opportunities to redeem yourself. Plus the cohort is strong so don't worry.
2013-2014: VCE
2015-2017: BSc. at University of Melbourne. Majoring in Microbiology & Immunology.
2018: Honours - Restoring immunocompetency in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
2019-2022: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Deakin University

Completed VCE Biology in 2013 with a study score of 47. Offering tutoring in VCE Biology for 2020 in Geelong region! PM me for more details.

Gogo14

• Forum Obsessive
  • when life gives you lemons... takeum and shareum
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »
I go to the same school, and I got only B+. Very few people got A or above. I don't know why you're complaining, you're making me feel bad lol.
2016: Bio[45]
2017: Eng[43];Chem[47];Methods[49];Spesh[46];Physics[44]
2018+: B-Biomed @unimelb

PM if want help/advice | VCE tutoring available too- just PM

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »
+1
I go to the same school, and I got only B+. Very few people got A or above. I don't know why you're complaining, you're making me feel bad lol.

Ask these questions on the Education discussion thread. This thread is devoted to content.

As an aside though, irrespective of what we say, it will make absolutely no difference to your score. Even if you can't get a 45, the score you will maximise your chances by working your hard. Pretty simple formula.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »
First MHS bio SAC is always marked harsher so you work harder next time (if it's harsh for everyone then it's fair, inb4 complaints). It's been going on for years.

As aforementioned, these posts have been split into a new topic, let's keep VCE Biology Question Thread for course content questions.