Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 06:04:49 pm

Author Topic: Language Analysis HELP!!  (Read 1085 times)  Share 

Nequam

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Bentleigh
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Language Analysis HELP!!
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »
So for Language Analysis, what are some other words to use instead of just saying that the author 'positions' the reader throughout the piece.
I find I'm good at language analysis but I often just repeat the word 'positions' and I need to find other words to use instead. Thanks!!

qazser

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +23
Re: Language Analysis HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »
Forces the reader to share/agree/embrace in his view/contention.
AN Chat: Hop On!

2016:Methods[   ]

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be yourself and be your best self.
  • Respect: +19
Re: Language Analysis HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:30 pm »
+2
So for Language Analysis, what are some other words to use instead of just saying that the author 'positions' the reader throughout the piece.
I find I'm good at language analysis but I often just repeat the word 'positions' and I need to find other words to use instead. Thanks!!

Just a word of warning: I am from the old study design (just completed year 12 by the way).
We do have a vocabulary bank in out language analysis club that was running throughout this year, and is most likely to run next year as well. For the word positions, look at the words under persuade: they are the words worth using instead of 'positions.' Also, you will need to find the little nuances and subtle differences between the words to ensure that you area using it in the right context. For example, qazser uses the word "forced": though a synonym of positioned, this particular word may be too strong to use in a language analysis essay. Forcing implies that one has to do something or else face some consequences, so nobody is really forced to take a particular viewpoint or to buy a particular product. In this case, the word "pressure" would be more appropriate for this sentence.

That vocabulary list should be plenty to suffice for the even the duration of the year.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:36:46 pm by FallingStar »