Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:15:28 am

Author Topic: April Holidays.... what to do??  (Read 1876 times)

sophroberts812

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
April Holidays.... what to do??
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:59:32 am »
Hey guys, what would be your advice on what to do in the April school holidays? I'm up to date on all my notes and have just finished half yearlies. However, we didn't get any exams back so alas don't know my weak topics to revise. Any thoughts on what to do these holidays?

I should also mention that I'm on a study camp (because my parents thought I'd have mountains of work to do....) so I'm just sitting here scrolling through ATARNotes and taking buzzfeed quizzes  ::)
Wanting to do the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Wollongong Uni in 2018!!!!
ATAR aim --- 93.00

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: April Holidays.... what to do??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:12:04 am »
+1
Hey guys, what would be your advice on what to do in the April school holidays? I'm up to date on all my notes and have just finished half yearlies. However, we didn't get any exams back so alas don't know my weak topics to revise. Any thoughts on what to do these holidays?

I should also mention that I'm on a study camp (because my parents thought I'd have mountains of work to do....) so I'm just sitting here scrolling through ATARNotes and taking buzzfeed quizzes  ::)

Hey Soph! There's all sorts of things to do - If your notes are up to date, maybe self learn some of the next topics? Just see if you can get a general feel for what is coming? Ultimately, the big thing you should be doing is resting, you've earned it! ;D

Jake has some recommendations about this here (another article for your scrolling pleasure ;))

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »
Hi,
 would you recommend me to do some practice essays for legal/ business studies and like write english paragraphs for poems on Yeats etc.? im just trying to get as much work i can in the holidays while i have time :P
thank you

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:06 pm »
+1
Hi,
 would you recommend me to do some practice essays for legal/ business studies and like write english paragraphs for poems on Yeats etc.? im just trying to get as much work i can in the holidays while i have time :P
thank you

Those are definitely good things to do! But don't push too hard - Realistically, this is your last proper break for 6 months. Your next holidays will be Trial Prep, the ones after that you'll be a couple of weeks out from your HSC. At this last rest stop, super important to recharge ;D but yep, if you are looking for some work to put you ahead, those are good exercises to undertake :)

sophroberts812

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:02 pm »
Hey Soph! There's all sorts of things to do - If your notes are up to date, maybe self learn some of the next topics? Just see if you can get a general feel for what is coming? Ultimately, the big thing you should be doing is resting, you've earned it! ;D

Jake has some recommendations about this here (another article for your scrolling pleasure ;))

Sweet as thanks Jamon!!! I'll check it out :)
Wanting to do the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Wollongong Uni in 2018!!!!
ATAR aim --- 93.00

chloeannbarwick

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:59:31 pm »
If you have any majors, I would seriously suggest that you get on top of them asap
Get it done now, and you'll have less to do later