Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 03:28:44 pm

Author Topic: How to correctly refer to stimulus material into essays? Help!  (Read 4359 times)  Share 

minajneb

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I am having difficulty understanding how to correctly refer to the stimulus material in my essays. I am aware that I will need to refer to at least one of the stimulus points as well as two subsystems in my response. My teacher is as useless as tits on a bull, so I need help fast.  :'(

Thanks!

EulerFan102

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
Re: How to correctly refer to stimulus material into essays? Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 02:22:48 pm »
+3
I am having difficulty understanding how to correctly refer to the stimulus material in my essays. I am aware that I will need to refer to at least one of the stimulus points as well as two subsystems in my response.

Hey there!

There's a lot of ways that you can refer to the essay stimulus material. Referring to the stimulus material works best if you seamlessly integrate the material into your essay, with the material being super relevant to your essay/paragraph.

One great way is to directly quote it, attributing the source of the quote of course. This is probably the best way, as it's super clear to the assessor that you're referencing the stimulus material, and it's a great way to bulk up your essay with examples and quotes.

You could also just mention the stimuli without a quote (say, if part of the stimulus material was a quote about some new chemistry jargon, you could mention in your essay how jargon is being created all the time, like in the field of chemistry). The downside to this method is that it may not be directly clear that you're referring to the stimulus material (one way round this is to just put "stimuli a)" in brackets afterwards), and I think a quote will add a bit extra to your essay.

Hope this helps :)

... as useless as tits on a bull ...
Quality simile :D

minajneb

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: How to correctly refer to stimulus material into essays? Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:35:08 pm »
Yes, that does help. Thank you!  ;D