Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 02:31:10 pm

Author Topic: Struggle of 2 u maths  (Read 1006 times)  Share 

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
Struggle of 2 u maths
« on: March 30, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »
+1
I have my 2 unit maths half yearly in a few days, and I am definitely not prepared. I have completed one past  paper in timed conditions and I found it hard because I forgot a lot of key concepts. my mark was really bad (56%)  :( . How do I work in the next 4 days so I can get 90+ in the test?

itssona

• MOTM: APR 17
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +10
Re: Struggle of 2 u maths
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:46:22 pm »
+2
4 days is plenty to cover all your topics :) I would first make a note of what topics you especially need to focus on and make a list so you can cover those topics within the next 2 days - use past class questions and textbook focus questions. Then attempt past papers and work on focus areas again. All the best!!!!!
HSC 2018 : Maths 3U, Maths 4U, English Advanced, Biology, Physics, Chemistry

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:47:13 pm »
+1
I agree, 4 days is heaps over the long weekend!!

Pick your problem areas, prioritise, work as hard as you can.

This could be worth a read too! :)

You got this!

username2000

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:38:53 pm »
I have my 2 unit maths half yearly in a few days, and I am definitely not prepared. I have completed one past  paper in timed conditions and I found it hard because I forgot a lot of key concepts. my mark was really bad (56%)  :( . How do I work in the next 4 days so I can get 90+ in the test?
dw im in the same boat...good to find a friend 8)
i dont know about your school, but ours is only doing the last 2 topics: logs n exponentials and intergration, which is the 1st yr so past papers r not as helpful as chapter reviews etc.....i have been finding mathsonline.com.au very useful..u have to pay for it but 6months will do yah till hsc ;D
also...i think 56 is good...just depends on ranks etc...our teacher said most kids get like 60 in 2u exams ;)