Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 23, 2024, 12:06:33 pm

Author Topic: Regarding Billy Elliot themes, Exploring transitions  (Read 1676 times)  Share 

envisagator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Regarding Billy Elliot themes, Exploring transitions
« on: August 01, 2018, 05:46:33 pm »
For Billy Elliot Standard English, Mod C - Exploring Transitions
The two themes I choose was gender stereotypes/ expectations and challenges/barries, are these 2 themes too similar, or is it OK to do??
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Regarding Billy Elliot themes, Exploring transitions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »
+2
For Billy Elliot Standard English, Mod C - Exploring Transitions
The two themes I choose was gender stereotypes/ expectations and challenges/barries, are these 2 themes too similar, or is it OK to do??

Hey!

The way I see it, gender stereotypes/expectations are quite similar to challenges/barriers because with stereotypes/expectations come challenges and barriers. What scenes do you plan to use for each theme? It also depends on which characters you would like to analyse because besides Billy (the obvious go to person), there's always Michael, Jackie and even Ms. Wilkinson herself.

There are other themes you may explore in Billy Elliot. This can include individual growth- can apply to these characters Billy, Tony and Michael. There's always the family dynamics within the Elliot family, as well as the Wilkinson family. There are more themes (quite similar to the discovery rubric) such as new experiences, attitudes, beliefs and new phases of life.

If there's anything you needed me to clarify, feel free to reply back to this thread.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.