Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 11:03:41 am

Author Topic: Discovery - Tempest Essay (Help please!!)  (Read 544 times)

gracehayes

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Discovery - Tempest Essay (Help please!!)
« on: July 30, 2018, 07:36:18 pm »
Hi!! Discovery is probably my weakest section in the Eng Adv syllabus so I was just wondering if someone could go over this essay I did in response to a PEM 2015 paper and give me some feedback? Also does anyone have any tips or tricks for improving in this AOS?
Thank you !!  :)

henrychapman

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: Discovery - Tempest Essay (Help please!!)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 09:57:00 pm »
Hi!! Discovery is probably my weakest section in the Eng Adv syllabus so I was just wondering if someone could go over this essay I did in response to a PEM 2015 paper and give me some feedback? Also does anyone have any tips or tricks for improving in this AOS?
Thank you !!  :)

Hey there,
I'll look at your essay more closely in a sec but I can answer your question right now so may as well do that !
I agree with you there's probably a bit of ambiguity over what the markers actually want in the AOS section. Personally, I find the modules far more interesting because they are less abstract The best advice I could give is to ensure you have a very solid, conceptually grounded thesis and that your line of argument throughout your essay is consistently linked to what you are saying throughout your essay. In regards to analysis, make sure you are explicitly saying what that quote/technique actually says in relation to discovery (obviously do your normal analysis but then ensure its linked to discovery). I think the challnge with discovery is there is less room to kind of move away from what you're centrally saying. I think the challenge, and I'm saying this as much for my own benefit, is to really simplify it and be clear cut as what you're trying to argue.
Hope that helps !
HSC 2018
English Advanced: 90
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 92
Modern History: 91
Studies of Religion II: 88
History Extension: 41
ATAR: 96.60

2019: B. Commerce/Laws @ UNSW
I offer tutoring in those top 4 subjects above, at a very reasonable price. Have numerous resources as well. Send me a message for more info :)