Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 01:29:13 pm

Author Topic: VN veterans, advise ?! :|  (Read 3432 times)  Share 

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
Re: VN veterans, advise ?! :|
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »
Honestly mid-years are worth it. I only had one and now I face the daunting task of revising stuff from way back in February for 4 other subjects. I did psych mid-year and its pleasing to know ill only have to go back a short while to revise for the unit 4 exam.

iffets12345

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 05:45:03 pm »
I know someone who had three mid-years and they got 2A+s and one A.
It's completely doable. :)
Feel free to message on dentistry questions

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »

But this is VN and a A is a complete fail. :P

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »
can you get into vetenary science by doing biomed?

What I can say is that you would have 3 mid-year exams to study for, so you'd have to know your Unit 3 really well and have good time management and organisation skills.

Yeah, you'd have to do a lot of work during the holidays to be able to cruise more easily through the year.
Chemistry has a big work load from what I've heard. Methods shouldn't be too hard, its practically the same as 1/2

You should be fine if you have good organisation skills.

Chemistry has a small workload as long as you can understand it. BIOLOGY HAS A BIG WORK LOADDDDD

Thanks God im might do bio in yr 11 :)

Just pay attention in Unit 1 Bio (according to my "sources")
Unit 1 = Success in Units 3/4

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 06:32:51 pm »
Honestly mid-years are worth it. I only had one and now I face the daunting task of revising stuff from way back in February for 4 other subjects. I did psych mid-year and its pleasing to know ill only have to go back a short while to revise for the unit 4 exam.

Yeah this is what I was hoping to hear. Technically it should be a more paced, periodic learning period in Year 12 by having mid-years, shouldn't it ?

Mulan

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 07:12:11 pm »
im doing unit 1 bio atm and its so boring, i sleep in class. IMO you dont need biology unit 1 for 3 4 unless you are planning to go overseas on summer holidays like mwa. I borrowed this book in the library about biology but couldn't be stuff getting ahead and then on the next day the teacher had photocopied sheets exactly from that same book! If only I had read it and then been able to look like an expert...
This is why I'm not too keen on doing it. too much study. Like the content is interesting, but the way it has to be taught (well at my school) is just arrgh! Talk talk talk, snore snore snore. Why cant we do more pracs :(

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 08:03:53 pm »
im doing unit 1 bio atm and its so boring, i sleep in class. IMO you dont need biology unit 1 for 3 4 unless you are planning to go overseas on summer holidays like mwa. I borrowed this book in the library about biology but couldn't be stuff getting ahead and then on the next day the teacher had photocopied sheets exactly from that same book! If only I had read it and then been able to look like an expert...
This is why I'm not too keen on doing it. too much study. Like the content is interesting, but the way it has to be taught (well at my school) is just arrgh! Talk talk talk, snore snore snore. Why cant we do more pracs :(

Haha yeah sadly that's VCE for ya (Y)

iffets12345

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »

But this is VN and a A is a complete fail. :P

loooool shush visionz :) its still proer than many of us ><

happyhappyland

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »
I do both bio and chem this year, I feel that biology has a much larger workload though easier to get an A+ since the cutoff is lower. Chem on the otherhand, is more about perfection and understanding concepts perfectly and making no mistakes.

No biology is not very rote learning-ish, it used to be, but the new course has quite alot of application questions where you understand a concept and you apply it. The concepts are much easier, to understand but the reason I saw biology has a larger workload is that it covers a large range of topics, and if one was go into full depth into each study design dotpoint it will be, a larger workload, than chemistry.

This is just my opinion, btw I did get A+ for both mid year exams and worked much harder for biology then chemistry. I probably did twice as many past papers for biology, whilst chemistry's difficulties were gone once the concepts "clicked".
2011: Bachelor of Science (Melbourne)

iffets12345

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 10:27:47 pm »
I do both bio and chem this year, I feel that biology has a much larger workload though easier to get an A+ since the cutoff is lower. Chem on the otherhand, is more about perfection and understanding concepts perfectly and making no mistakes.

No biology is not very rote learning-ish, it used to be, but the new course has quite alot of application questions where you understand a concept and you apply it. The concepts are much easier, to understand but the reason I saw biology has a larger workload is that it covers a large range of topics, and if one was go into full depth into each study design dotpoint it will be, a larger workload, than chemistry.

This is just my opinion, btw I did get A+ for both mid year exams and worked much harder for biology then chemistry. I probably did twice as many past papers for biology, whilst chemistry's difficulties were gone once the concepts "clicked".
[/quote

oh okay, I don't do bio so sorry about the rote-learning thing, but I was trying to get at the same thing as you, which is, that biology's workload is a lot more because chemistry's concepts, once understand, alleviate much of the pressure in the course. I got the vibe off my bio-friends that they just needed to study so much more for bio.