Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 05:12:39 pm

Author Topic: Context: encountering conflict  (Read 3253 times)  Share 

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
Context: encountering conflict
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:32:13 pm »
Hi everyone

I have a writing SAC for encountering conflict in a few of weeks, and I need to write a piece that refers to The Secret River. There won't be any prompt, and we have no restrictions at all with regards to style - it can be anything from passage analysis to poetry - but the piece must be less than 500 words.

Has anyone else got a similar SAC coming up? How do your teachers suggest you approach it? Or, even better, does anyone have a list of essay prompts or know where I could find one on the internet?

Thanks!

Electioneering

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Re: Context: encountering conflict
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:19:18 am »
ok we just finished a sac for under encountering conflict theme. we had to write a personal piece based on our past experiences with any sort of conflict we've encountered over the duration of our lives, lol. it was basically creative writing, and in my experience the first sac is always creative writing, which sucks for me because i'm rubbish at creative writing.

coming up to the sac we did brainstorming exercises like discussing sources of conflict, emotions, resolutions etc. then we did planning stuff - 5 senses, the plot, constructing sentences, etc.

i don't know what you mean by there won't be a prompt :\ if you are suposed to write a creative piece then i don't expect there will be a prompt. you are creating your own story so you decide what it is you are going to write about.

in regards to the secret river you could discuss something like... moving, change of surroundings/environments, trying to cope/adjust to that etc. idk.
2008 - hi
2009 - university

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:27:13 am »
i don't know what you mean by there won't be a prompt :\ if you are suposed to write a creative piece then i don't expect there will be a prompt. you are creating your own story so you decide what it is you are going to write about.

it's weird though, it's not creative - we can CHOOSE to do creative writing (but I won't, because I've already written two that are creative) but we could also do a text essay, or a letter to the editor of a newspaper, or...anything. i think i'll do a text essay because it's the easiest way to mention the the text without it being completely contrived...

at least i like the context....what does everyone else think of it?

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 10:35:50 pm »
bec how about write lyrics to a song?

linking that back to the secret river could be hard, but it'll turn out awesome, you can even record it afterwards ;D
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 07:07:52 pm »
awesome idea! i'll write a 500-word song (or maybe a rap?) about the way racial tension can cause conflict, backing up my ideas with evidence from the text. then i'll make a recording and hand it in on cd.

haha my teacher would cry