Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 04:51:15 pm

Author Topic: The Arts @ Latrobe  (Read 1196 times)  Share 

rafito.

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
The Arts @ Latrobe
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:21:42 am »
Hey there!

I am just wondering what are the options for me to get into The Arts at Latrobe if I don't meet the prerequisite. I have been talking to a few people who can't get into their engineering course however they are doing some other course next year for a year which then enables them to do engineering in 2012. I am just wondering if there is anything like that for The Arts?

Thanks!  :D

rafito.

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Re: The Arts @ Latrobe
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:30:40 pm »
Anyone?

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »
do you mean fine arts or arts as in humanities and social sciences?

rafito.

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:07:58 am »
Arts as in humanities and social sciences :)

Muuru

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:03:51 pm »
I presume you're intending to enroll in the straight Bachelor of Arts degree? If so, there's a couple of pathways you could take.

First, if you enroll in two single arts subjects at La Trobe and pass them both, you'll be guaranteed entry into the BA. You'll need to pay for these units upfront though (nearly $700 each), but you can credit these units towards your BA degree. You have to apply directly to the university - not through VTAC - if you choose this option. (Source)

Second, some post-secondary Certificates or Diplomas can act as a suitable pathway to the BA at La Trobe, such as the Diploma of Liberal Arts. You can gain credit for up to eight first-year units of study of your BA depending on which subjects you chose in your Diploma. (Source)

Third, you could enroll in the BA at another La Trobe campus or university and apply for a transfer after one year.

BA Monash, MTeach Melb., GradCertEd Melb.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »
I'm guessing that the prerequisite is English (I can't think of any other prerequisites for Arts)? If so, there are bridging courses you can take. LaTrobe might offer them (you'd have to ask them) but you can also do some online through Open Universities, or through a TAFE, as Muuru talked about.

A good option is doing Liberal Arts at a TAFE and then transferring into LaTrobe after you've finished. It's a good idea because there's minimal waste of time (you'll get credit for at least some of your courses) and you get a qualification out of it.

rafito.

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:28 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to add Liberal Arts to my preferences and if I don't get what I need I will most likely do that and transfer into Latrobe in 2012 as Liberal Arts is only for a year. Thanks so much.