Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:30:04 pm

Author Topic: Help a respectful person like, Respect ..(questions ..need help)  (Read 1181 times)  Share 

Respect

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: -43
hi,
Does anyone know, What the executive council is? and what it does,  and how it links with the cabinet?

more qs v v v v v
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:10:06 pm by Respect »

"I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate" - Muhammed (pbuh&c)

"The most merciful person is the one who forgives when he is able to revenge"  - Imam Husayn (AS)

"To me, death is nothing but happiness and living under tyrants is nothing but living in a hell." - Imam Husayn (AS)

"Whoever sorts out a problem of a believer, God sorts out his difficulties of this world and the here-after." - Imam Husayn (AS)

"Seek Knowledge, even if it is as far as China" - Imam Ali

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Cabinet and the Executive Council
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:16:16 pm »
Members of Cabinet form the Executive Council. The Commonwealth Constitution provides for a Commonwealth Executive Council. The governor-general acts on the advice given by the Executive Council; it consists of the ministers of state and the governor-general.

Respect

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:26:08 pm »
Members of Cabinet form the Executive Council. The Commonwealth Constitution provides for a Commonwealth Executive Council. The governor-general acts on the advice given by the Executive Council; it consists of the ministers of state and the governor-general.

hehe thanks, but can u rephrase that, sorta got me confused. the commonweath consitition (is that the aus constitution?) and provides what,

... so the cabinet is pretty much on meetings of ministers of parliament, deciding which bills to pass onto the lower house, but the Executive council is G.G and ministers, doing the same thing?

"The most merciful person is the one who forgives when he is able to revenge"  - Imam Husayn (AS)

"To me, death is nothing but happiness and living under tyrants is nothing but living in a hell." - Imam Husayn (AS)

"Whoever sorts out a problem of a believer, God sorts out his difficulties of this world and the here-after." - Imam Husayn (AS)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »
Yes, the Australian Constitution. When Cabinet approves a bill, it is called a 'government' bill. Cabinet is a meeting of government ministers, not "ministers of parliament". There is a "shadow" Cabinet for the opposition. Cabinet decides the order in which bills are heard in parliament. Yeahh, I think the only real difference is that the Executive Council includes the Governor-General. I'm a bit unsure as to the Executive Council's role - all I know is that it's a branch of government. That's as much as I know. Better to ask your teacher about the Executive Council...

Respect

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:09:20 pm »
NEW QUESTION ...

At what stages in the progress of a bill through parliament are amendments most likely to be made. Explain your answer. (4 bludy marks)

Amendments, arn't bills entered into parlament as if they are amendments, going to change a particulate act.  im confused. n my SAC is on wed. sht!

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: Help a respectful person like, Respect ..(questions ..need help)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:14:03 pm »
NEW QUESTION ...

At what stages in the progress of a bill through parliament are amendments most likely to be made. Explain your answer.

Consideration-in-detail or the "Committee" Stage as it is also known - this is where the bill is debated clause-by-clause and closely examined. The opposition may also take this opportunity to highlight flaws in the bill. Most amendments will be made at this stage before moving onto the third reading, where the bill will then be voted on.

Respect

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:15:43 pm »
NEW QUESTION ...

At what stages in the progress of a bill through parliament are amendments most likely to be made. Explain your answer.

Consideration-in-detail or the "Committee" Stage as it is also known - this is where the bill is debated clause-by-clause and closely examined. The opposition may also take this opportunity to highlight flaws in the bill. Most amendments will be made at this stage before moving onto the third reading, where the bill will then be voted on.

ohh.. all over ya mean the .. 2nd reading.. and it doesnt matter if that is the second reading in the upper or lower house yeah?

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
The same process occurs in the upper house as it does the lower house... so, no it doesn't matter as the 2nd reading would occur in both houses. The 2nd reading is where debate takes place (relating to the bill) and amendments can be made, though more likely however amendments would be in the "Committee" Stage. Both answers; 2nd reading and "Committee" Stage would be accepted.

Respect

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »
The same process occurs in the upper house as it does the lower house... so, no it doesn't matter as the 2nd reading would occur in both houses. The 2nd reading is where debate takes place (relating to the bill) and amendments can be made, though more likely however amendments would be in the "Committee" Stage. Both answers; 2nd reading and "Committee" Stage would be accepted.

thanks bro,.