Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 02:50:52 pm

Poll

What day of O-Week would be best for you? (we can talk specific times inside! ^^)

Tuesday
11 (39.3%)
Wednesday
2 (7.1%)
Thursday
5 (17.9%)
Friday
4 (14.3%)
Monday (?)
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: The Official Thread of RL & the interwebs crossing streams: UoM VN Meet-up 2009  (Read 63788 times)  Share 

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
Yeah, about that. I wasn't sure if he was interested in coming, or pregnancy tests.

(btw jamison, if you bother reading this thread, i stole a diary from the arts student centre today that you can have. it has all the pregnancy test thingos you want.)

edmund, the pankakez list is for those who said they were interested in pancakes (and are also SUPER COOL). the other list is for teh other pplz.

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Jamison is reading this thread. Omg he sensed we were talking about him :S

I actually still need to get my diary/student card. I guess I'll go earlier tomorrow and get them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:25:54 pm by AppleThief »

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
Jamison semi-implied he might be interested. Care to confirm/deny, Jamison?

If anything, I'll probably just pop over to say hi before I leave. Does anyone actually know what we are doing tomorrow? I hope it's not a bunch of random games.

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
  • Respect: +7
I'm still 50/50 about going (at all to the uni) tomorrow so if I do drop by, I'll see you guys at the Sound Garden. I've also got a spare voucher for a 'buy one get one free' pancake parlor thing so yeah.

AppleThief

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
I'm still 50/50 about going (at all to the uni) tomorrow so if I do drop by, I'll see you guys at the Sound Garden. I've also got a spare voucher for a 'buy one get one free' pancake parlor thing so yeah.
LOL, "Sound Garden"

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
Jamison semi-implied he might be interested. Care to confirm/deny, Jamison?

If anything, I'll probably just pop over to say hi before I leave. Does anyone actually know what we are doing tomorrow? I hope it's not a bunch of random games.

When I called and asked about it, the guy basically said it was a scavenger hunt thing so haha. Have fun with that. >_>

Oh and haha, I meant System Garden. Sound Garden sounds so much better though.

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
How come there are 2 AppleThief, beezy, champarado, elephant

that's the OMGPANKAKEZ!! list
Holy crap.. I didnt know pancakes was spelled like that.
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
Jamison is reading this thread. Omg he sensed we were talking about him :S

I actually still need to get my diary/student card. I guess I'll go earlier tomorrow and get them.
lol. you can have my diary. i'll give it to you tomorrow.

I think I've figured out the vote-interest discrepancy. All the Monday votes are joke votes.

Jamison, are you talking about orientation, or this 'meet-up' thing? If the former, you're there to meet potential buddies who are doing your course (and can help you out with accounting homework, maybe.. i need all the help i can get :().

aww, username, why won't you come? come to the host program thing at least.

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !

Well for the host thing.. I'm not sure if it's even useful. It's a great social event, but I won't remember half of the people I meet, and trivia/scavenger hunting makes me cringe just thinking about it. Besides, during course orientation on the 25th you get a better chance at meeting classmates anyway. ^_^

I'll try my best to catch up with you guys though.

By the way, on the 25th, does anyone else have a random gap between their lectures? From 12-1.30 I have basically nothing to attend..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:46:42 pm by username »

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
To be honest, I don't know what a scavenger hunt is.

Yah, I got some gaps. I'm gonna fill mine with those optional lectures, though. Cos my name is at the start of the alphabet, I have to go to the early course session (10am). Then the course lunch is at 1pm. From 2-4 are my subject sessions (with a gap between 3-3:30). Username, why don't you go to 'talking across cultures' to waste some time.

squance

Well for the host thing.. I'm not sure if it's even useful. It's a great social event, but I won't remember half of the people I meet, and trivia/scavenger hunting makes me cringe just thinking about it. Besides, during course orientation on the 25th you get a better chance at meeting classmates anyway. ^_^

I'll try my best to catch up with you guys though.

By the way, on the 25th, does anyone else have a random gap between their lectures? From 12-1.30 I have basically nothing to attend..

egh. The host thing. I remember finishing at around 1:30pm because I was near the showbag thing for the Student Union on South Lawn and the people there giving them out were like to everyone "Sorry. You can't take one till 2pm". Bastards.
And I never went to the scavenger hunt thingy.

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
Hmm I'll probably go home early then. I hate scavenger hunts, especially when people in your team get competitive and make me do stuff :/

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
What happens in scavenger hunts?
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.

Is it like an easter egg hunt, or what? I'm sorry, I don't usually (well, ever) go on hunts. :(

brendan

terrible things...