Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 07:23:59 am

Author Topic: Methods CAS tutor REQUIRED  (Read 3195 times)  Share 

costargh

Methods CAS tutor REQUIRED
« on: December 18, 2007, 05:32:58 pm »
Methods CAS tutor required in the
Dandenong/Keysborough area.

If you are interested please PM with details.

I did it this year and got a 24. Aiming for 33 raw minimum in 08'

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: Methods CAS tutor REQUIRED
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 05:36:45 pm »
I can't go there, but I can definitely help you with questions you have over the net, and at low peak times (e.g.: not near exam times) I will try to post out simple ways of approaching particular topics you are having trouble with. Just let it be known when you have a problem, and someone here will try to work it out.

Take the subject seriously too, having done it a first time will help. The potent scaling of Methods makes it the sort of subject you do not want to brush off as your 7th subject. I believe you can make it a part of your top 4, not just a part of your backbench for pre-requisites.

Try to work yourself through the course, it will be rigorous, but if you succeed, it will be glorious. Ask for help along the way, and I think you'll cover most your bases.

costargh

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 05:55:33 pm »
Thanks Coblin. Yeh after receiving my results this year it has kind of changed my whole approach to the subject now. I know most of the content; not well but I have a good background. Everything should be much easier this 2nd time around. I want 33 raw MINIMUM and I want this subject to be in my top 4.
If you saw my GA marks you would have seen I got D+ for exam 1 which shows you I need a lot of help with doing things by hand. Exam 2 when I had access to a CAS calculator I got a C+ so it shows that I need some help actually understanding what I am doing which is why I am interested in the services of a tutor. I don't want to settle for anything less that a 40 after scaling. Like I said I want this to be a primary 4 and if I slack of during the year (my posts indicating how I am going) I want everyone to tell me to pull my socks up. This year I was too easy on myself. I did barely any work and it showed.

So yeh..

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 06:03:24 pm »
I will kindly kick* your ass if you're slacking off :)

* cyberkick

costargh

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:11:00 pm »
Hahah thanks I appreciate

golids

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:59:39 am »
best of luck with metho next year costargh

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 05:23:43 pm »
It's a pity you can't do normal methods.

It's easier to get a 30 in normal methods than CAS methods, simply because the population size is about 30 times larger (!).
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

costargh

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 11:53:34 pm »
Yeh I was thinking about that before I even got my results. The school isn't running normal methods as of next year.

phagist_

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 12:28:30 am »
I did CAS Methods this year.

Got 40 Raw, should have done a lot better (I defined a function wrong on the second q of exam 2... bye bye 9 or so marks) but was on high A+ throughout the year on SACS.

I could give it a go if you want (dunno how good of a teacher I am haha) seeing as I'm just around the corner?

costargh

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 12:34:11 am »
Aw yeh add me on msn ( my email is in my profile)

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 01:29:10 pm »
costa i'll do it :P i'm in berwick hehe that is if u dont want to take phagist_'s offer
weekends are good =D
weekdays are quite chaotic, as my parents dnt like driving me anywhere, and train/bus is quite chaotic, unless u want to come over that is... hehe
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015