Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 10:13:06 am

Author Topic: ESL vs English  (Read 10098 times)  Share 

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
Re: ESL vs English
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 12:46:53 am »
haha sorry i will try to not use msn english >.<

Do ESL students read the same books as English students? Do you still go to the normal English classes and just do different assessments/exams? What happens with SACs?

The books you read depend on your school. I think most of the time some of it is the same and some of it is different. Whether or not there are ESL classes also depends on your school. Most schools have separate ESL classes.

from what i hear ESL's SACs and Exam is slightly easier? however, that makes achieving high marks a tad higher, practically eliminating the benefit of going into an easier course

plus i heard from my teacher that ESL entry score into uni is 5 pts higher than mainstream (30 is the minimum or something?), which doesnt really affect me coz i'm hoping >40 (however impossible....), but~~~

I think the ESL sacs and exams are easier. I don't get what you mean by your sentence after that though o.0 I don't think the ESL entry score to uni is higher... because the pre-requisites always says 25 in English(any) without singling out ESL to be higher. My ESL coordinator said there isn't anyway when she was telling me the benefits of doing ESL last year.
just that i got an email from my english teacher re:subject change, and she said its a new ruling for 2008??
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

sheepz

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: ESL vs English
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 12:50:29 am »
are you serious?? but thats crazy! i suppose i'll have to wait till next year to ask her about it >.<
~2007~
Legal Studies - 37
Chinese SLA - 38

~2008~
ESL
Methods CAS
Economics
Accounting
Uni Accounting