Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 04, 2026, 09:21:44 am

Author Topic: ACER Practice Test Score  (Read 57494 times)  Share 

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pi

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 14348
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
0
Also, I read somewhere on an article that as a general rule of thumb, raw scores of 36, 35 and 33 ( as a minimum) for Sections 1,2 and 3 respectively are required for an interview at Monash. However, I'd probably take this information with a pinch of salt, as exam difficulty tends to fluctuate significantly and raw scores are not a good indication of performance.

Oh crap :(


There go my hopes, as I think the practice ones are usually easier than the actual (past ppl telling me) :( :( :(

simon_93

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Respect: -1
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »
0
Also, I read somewhere on an article that as a general rule of thumb, raw scores of 36, 35 and 33 ( as a minimum) for Sections 1,2 and 3 respectively are required for an interview at Monash. However, I'd probably take this information with a pinch of salt, as exam difficulty tends to fluctuate significantly and raw scores are not a good indication of performance.


Oh crap :(


There go my hopes, as I think the practice ones are usually easier than the actual (past ppl telling me) :( :( :(

I wouldn't worry about it too much If I were you. In the end, it really just comes down to how confident, calm and collected you are on exam day. One often overlooked function of the UMAT is to test how well students cope under immense pressure. That, more than anything else on the actual exam paper, is what I believe the UMAT is all about. From what I've heard, the first few years of medical school are long and arduous. Working as an intern, things don't exactly take a turn for the better, as the stress and workload is extraordinarily heavy. Coping with pressure and expectations is all part of a doctor's job and the UMAT helps to ensure that selected candidates do not crash and burn in Uni or further on down the track.

It's a shame that so many people's career dreams are shattered by this one silly exam :(

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:04:00 pm by pi »
2010: Chinese SLA [40]
2011: Chemistry [43], Biology [41], English [39 :/], History: Revolutions [37], Methods [43]
2012: BSc/MBBS at UQ.

Graphite

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 395
  • Respect: +6
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2011, 06:43:20 pm »
0
Ah Simon! Knew you'd ace them! This guy is pro at UMAT

Romperait

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 511
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »
0
as a general rule of thumb, raw scores of 36, 35 and 33 ( as a minimum) for Sections 1,2 and 3 respectively are required for an interview at Monash.

Just so that people don't feel overwhelmed by the complete idiocy of this statement, this is untrue so don't lose confidence in your own abilities going into this test.

Thu Thu Train

  • Voted AN's sexiest member 2012
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 667
  • <3
  • Respect: +336
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »
0
Also, I read somewhere on an article that as a general rule of thumb, raw scores of 36, 35 and 33 ( as a minimum) for Sections 1,2 and 3 respectively are required for an interview at Monash. However, I'd probably take this information with a pinch of salt, as exam difficulty tends to fluctuate significantly and raw scores are not a good indication of performance.
Stop spreading bullshit please unless you can cite a source.
        (
     '( '
    "'  //}
   ( ''"
   _||__ ____ ____ ____
  (o)___)}___}}___}}___}   
  'U'0 0  0 0  0 0  0 0    0 0
BBSN14

i actually almost wish i was a monash student.

simon_93

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Respect: -1
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2011, 07:41:04 pm »
0
Wow, I didn't know people were so aggressive on this forum :(
As I said previously, people should take the information I provided with a pinch of salt. I am a student. I haven't sat the UMAT before. I haven't had prior experiences with this type of test. All I am trying to do here is to pass on some information for the sake of others. The information I provided isn't even that unreasonable in the context of things. Monash requires an overall percentile ( compared to others sitting the test) of approximately 93%, so having to perform exceptionally well is the reality that we face.

In any case, sorry if I have offended you or damaged your confidence :(
2010: Chinese SLA [40]
2011: Chemistry [43], Biology [41], English [39 :/], History: Revolutions [37], Methods [43]
2012: BSc/MBBS at UQ.

pi

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 14348
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2011, 08:18:11 pm »
0
OK, just did #2, just a tip: don't eat 3 slices of pizza half-way though S2 :P

39/44 (some lucky guesses, I'll admit to that)
35/40
33/38

Happy a little improvement happened. :)

S1 was much longer, had to guess a few at the end. I hope the real deal won't be much longer (bloody rigid row-column question!)

Russ

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 8442
  • Respect: +661
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »
0
Wow, I didn't know people were so aggressive on this forum :(

They're not usually, I'm surprised people got so aggressive over that because I didn't see much wrong with it.

pi

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 14348
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2011, 09:09:27 pm »
0
Wow, I didn't know people were so aggressive on this forum :(

They're not usually, I'm surprised people got so aggressive over that because I didn't see much wrong with it.

a lot of -1-ing too

jane1234

  • Guest
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »
0
Wow, I didn't know people were so aggressive on this forum :(

They're not usually, I'm surprised people got so aggressive over that because I didn't see much wrong with it.

a lot of -1-ing too

I'm thinking it's because everyone is so stressed about the UMAT...

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:42:02 pm by pi »

luken93

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3060
  • Respect: +114
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »
0
Wow, I didn't know people were so aggressive on this forum :(

They're not usually, I'm surprised people got so aggressive over that because I didn't see much wrong with it.

a lot of -1-ing too

I'm thinking it's because everyone is so stressed about the UMAT...
Yeah, I don't really mind, but I can see where people are coming from - you're almost crushing their dreams in a sense.

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:42:20 pm by pi »
2010: Business Management [47]
2011: English [44]   |   Chemistry [45]  |   Methods [44]   |   Specialist [42]   |   MUEP Chemistry [5.0]   |   ATAR: 99.60
UMAT: 69 | 56 | 82 | = [69 / 98th Percentile]
2012: MBBS I @ Monash

Chromeo33

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 327
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 09:55:04 pm »
0
Just out of curiosity, is anyone doing any study for their subjects?

Like, I've doing nothing but UMAT prep this weekend, and I've got a couple of SACs due this week FML :(


*FMUMAT

pi

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 14348
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »
0
Just out of curiosity, is anyone doing any study for their subjects?

Like, I've doing nothing but UMAT prep this weekend, and I've got a couple of SACs due this week FML :(

Spesh + english only atm

tony3272

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 721
  • Hi
  • Respect: +25
  • School: Wantirna College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »
0
I just did some practice exams for methods and some spesh and english work. (still haven't started unit 4 physics yet, it's so boring)
2010 : Accounting
2011 : Methods (CAS) | Chemistry  | Physics  | English Language  | Specialist Maths

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash!

funkyducky

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1273
  • Respect: +64
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: ACER Practice Test Score
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2011, 10:14:26 pm »
0
Just out of curiosity, is anyone doing any study for their subjects?

Like, I've doing nothing but UMAT prep this weekend, and I've got a couple of SACs due this week FML :(


*FMUMAT
I have a spesh sac and an english sac tomorrow :S haven't done any UMAT this weekend as a result.
I won the GAT: 49/50/50.
Tutoring! Maths Methods (50), Specialist Maths (43), Chemistry (45)