Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 04:07:11 pm

Author Topic: Access Melbourne - FTB-A  (Read 7559 times)  Share 

Nokiacharger

Re: Access Melbourne - FTB-A
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:20 pm »
Seriously Jdog, I don't even go to Scotch, I only put it there because I want to remain anon and it asked me for school and I thought I HAD to put it there. Stop questioning Jane, if the university has determined that she is eligible for a selection guarantee, she is eligible for a selection guarantee. It's not up to you to determine whether she should take up the offer or not, so shut up and keep your opinions to yourself.

And my parents are obviously not doctors or dentists if they get FTB Part A.

jane1234

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 05:48:41 pm »
Haha calm down there Nokiacharger, I don't think JDog meant any harm... a lot of people are kind of touchy regarding SEAS-type stuff because there are so many who exploit the system. I don't claim to be in great need of any help, and I know there are many who genuinely need SEAS, I just wanted to take advantage of what I could.

Nokiacharger

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 05:59:07 pm »
He is saying you shouldn't claim?

It's not up to you to question your morals and determine whether you are deservingand in need assistance or not. The university has decided that you are a candidate eligible for a selection guarantee. Just as they have determined that Jdog, going to a private school, who will probably get a better ATAR is also deserving of a place in a course with a high ATAR requirement.

Feel no moral guilt and take your place in Biomed/whatever you want.

jane1234

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:29 pm »
He is saying you shouldn't claim?

It's not up to you to question your morals and determine whether you are deservingand in need assistance or not. The university has decided that you are a candidate eligible for a selection guarantee. Just as they have determined that Jdog, going to a private school, who will probably get a better ATAR is also deserving of a place in a course with a high ATAR requirement.

Feel no moral guilt and take your place in Biomed/whatever you want.

Hahahaha I don't feel guilty. Really, don't take what everyone says on here so seriously. I think he was merely asking a question, not challenging my morals.

And who's to say he'll get a better ATAR.... :P

Nokiacharger

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »
A statement of support is when a person who knows you well, let's say for example a medical practitioner or a social worker, who writes a statement explaining why your circumstances has educationally disadvantaged you.

An impact statement is what you write down and you personally explain how you have been disadvantaged and it required if you apply for that category.

Yes, but I haven't been disadvantaged in any way, it's just that my parents receive Family Tax Benefit A. Melbourne Uni states that if you have the FTB, then they don't require the statement of impact or statement of support. I can't write an impact statement or get a statement of support because my financial circumstances haven't really had any impact on my education. I know that's the whole point of that category, but I only want to apply for it because of UniMelb, not any others.

So basically, even though Melbourne doesn't require it, you have to get the statement of support/impact to be eligible for the Access Melbourne stuff because they make you go through VTAC...? So in an indirect way, UniMelb requires you to have the statements but they just don't look at them??

Because UniMelb says:

The University of Melbourne will only take your impact statement and statement of support into account if you are not in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or Family Tax Benefit A.

if you haven't been diadvantaged, why are you applying ...

^^

Sorry, He goes to Scotch, you don't, so on average I would expect him to get a better ATAR than a student who doesn't. I realise there are exemptions to the rule, but on average, he will thrash a student from another school.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
Sorry, He goes to Scotch, you don't, so on average I would expect him to get a better ATAR than a student who doesn't. I realise there are exemptions to the rule, but on average, he will thrash a student from another school.
You've just shattered my confidence and motivation :(

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 06:23:18 pm »
Topic closed.  Original question has already been answered and I presume any problems regarding jane1234's problem has been solved.

jane1234: If you experience any other problems with regards to FTB-A, PM me and I will open this topic again.  Thank you.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research