Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 04:34:04 pm

Author Topic: UNSW interviews  (Read 9595 times)  Share 

hala_madrid

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
Re: UNSW interviews
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 07:53:51 pm »
What the hell?!!! I got umat of 66 (96th percentile) and real atar of 99.40 (took gap year) and got an email today saying i didn't get an interview for first round......how is this possible? I didn't even have a predicted atar, I have a real atar!
no way... surely there's a mistake. there is absolutelty no way that could not reach the cut off for an interview. I'd definitely call them and enquire, it wouldn't even be arrogant with scores that high lol
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:56:00 pm by hala_madrid »
2011 ATAR: 98.40

mattshen

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: MHS
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 08:02:12 pm »
What the hell?!!! I got umat of 66 (96th percentile) and real atar of 99.40 (took gap year) and got an email today saying i didn't get an interview for first round......how is this possible? I didn't even have a predicted atar, I have a real atar!
no way... surely there's a mistake. there is absolutelty no way that could not reach the cut off for an interview. I'd definitely call them and enquire, it wouldn't even be arrogant with scores that high lol

If you check medstudentsonline, there is something going on about those not getting interviews who have taken a gap year and that UNSW will be contacting those peeps tmr...I'm not too sure but there was a person who got a predicted atar of 99.80-99.95, and a umat of 99 percentile who didn't get offered (cos he/she took a gap year)...thats seriously screwed.

Romperait

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

It's possible that they give out offers for non-standard applicants (i.e. non-school leavers) separately. Not sure how it works for UNSW but other universities take this approach so you should probably contact them for clarification.