Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 05:26:27 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1435678 times)  Share 

extremeftw

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +25
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #4935 on: July 11, 2016, 06:03:01 am »
 Anyone here have any experiences with ATS2110 Slavery: A history? Literally cannot find any resources at all for this unit and am trying to determine what history unit to do.

Hopelesshopefull

« Reply #4936 on: July 11, 2016, 10:12:42 am »
I know people who have done it and best to avoid if possible. Yes, MUEP chem does it, but that's different because they don't have things due a week later (which your labs may or may not have - don't know what year you are :P), but they're also not as regular. Very big difference between having 2 labs back to back once a month to having it once a week.

If it's to avoid a commute, recommendation: skip your lecture, take that time to rest. Also, what units is this for? Because if it's, say, BIO1022 and EAE1022, welp the first only has labs every second week, and the second usually has really chill labs that you can come and go from as necessary, so that would be fine. But if it's something like PHS1022 and CHM1022, avoid, do not do, back-to-back is a horrible idea.

yh it def depends on the number of labs and the subject as well. The two subjects are both biomed cores but like I think I'm gonna do it because if it did happen that I had the labs on the same day it would only happen up to  4 times the whole semester as both subjects have 4 labs each. And it would be a monday for me so I would have finished all pre-lab stuff on weekend....hopefully
Thanks for the reply :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4937 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:03 am »
Today is the first time I've ever had to get the shuttle bus from Clayton to Caulfield hahaha. What does it look like? Is it just a regular bus? #rookie

Also, how are everybody's timetables? :) Hope you've all enjoyed your break!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4938 on: July 21, 2016, 09:44:46 am »
Today is the first time I've ever had to get the shuttle bus from Clayton to Caulfield hahaha. What does it look like? Is it just a regular bus? #rookie

Also, how are everybody's timetables? :) Hope you've all enjoyed your break!

It should be a Quince's bus (as in, it will have that along the side) and have a sign in the window saying that's Caulfield-Clayton shuttle. Otherwise, yup, just a regular bus. :P

And here's my timetable~~ Annoyingly I got all my first preferences - because most of my friends didn't and we're now in different labs. .__. Like, the only time I'm ever going to be annoyed about getting preferences, ugh why >.< (/inb4m8stopcomplaining)

Floatzel98

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #4939 on: July 21, 2016, 10:32:25 am »
It should be a Quince's bus (as in, it will have that along the side) and have a sign in the window saying that's Caulfield-Clayton shuttle. Otherwise, yup, just a regular bus. :P

And here's my timetable~~ Annoyingly I got all my first preferences - because most of my friends didn't and we're now in different labs. .__. Like, the only time I'm ever going to be annoyed about getting preferences, ugh why >.< (/inb4m8stopcomplaining)
Hey it looks like we are in the same Differential Equations Lab this semester :)

Also a quick question, did you need to get any of the prescribed/recommended textbooks for SCI2015? Were any of them even useful?
2016 - 2019: Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) [Physics and Mathematics] @ Monash University

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4940 on: July 21, 2016, 10:44:56 am »
+1
Hey it looks like we are in the same Differential Equations Lab this semester :)

Also a quick question, did you need to get any of the prescribed/recommended textbooks for SCI2015? Were any of them even useful?

That tute is going off, my friend. ;)

Nope and nope - literally everything is in the lectures, anything else is just "fun reading" (I tried to read some of one of the books and fell asleep, so...)

grannysmith

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #4941 on: July 21, 2016, 10:50:14 am »

Float are you doing MTH2010 this sem?

Floatzel98

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #4942 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:34 am »
Float are you doing MTH2010 this sem?
Yeah I am :) You doing it as well?
2016 - 2019: Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) [Physics and Mathematics] @ Monash University

grannysmith

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Crisp and juicy.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #4943 on: July 21, 2016, 11:03:53 am »
Yeah I am :) You doing it as well?
Yep! We should actually meet up sometime :p

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4944 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:31 am »

Thanks Meithy! I'll let you know how poorly it goes haha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Aqua97

« Reply #4945 on: July 21, 2016, 05:51:02 pm »
Does anyone have information on summer units? Are they still considered first year? Do they add to your degree or are they just extra units? If you 1 unit over the summer will it change your WAM/GPA?

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #4946 on: July 21, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »
Otherwise, yup, just a regular bus. :P

A regular bus with WiFi! Game changer :D

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #4947 on: July 22, 2016, 12:01:52 pm »
+1
Hey ya'll! So for those who haven't seen my previous posts - I sat for 2 exams while struggling with many personal issues. I applied and got deferred exams for 3 subjects I applied. 1 of the exams I sat I knew after the exam I would fail but the other exam I thought I would pass. the exam wasn't a hurdle. but I got a overall mark of 49  :'( while doing the stuff like in-semester labs there were instances where the demonstrator gave me unfair marks. but at that situation there wasn't much I could do. besides they would have add 0.5-1% of marks overall. thought it wasn't worth it to try and do something for that such as asking the unit coordinator etc. but at the end that 0.5 mark mattered. I mean if I had 49.5 it would have been converted to 50 right?  :'( 

I am in first year Engineering. with this I have total of 5 failed subjects  :'( on the other hand if I do very well by repeating this subject next sem (which I think I could do if I sort out my issues) I will have a better WAM/GPA. So what should I do? is there any point trying to do something for this? so it all comes to this - which one is better ; having a better WAM/GPA or having less number of fails in the academic transcript? could someone who has been in this situation help me on this please?

Hi power4

We have a range of resources that may be able to help and you can access. So your best option (as a current student), is to contact Monash Connect. You can place a question with ask.monash or call the Connect team on 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274).
This link may also be of help http://www.monash.edu/students/support
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

BigAl

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Isik College
« Reply #4948 on: July 24, 2016, 07:10:47 pm »
Does anybody ride a motorcycle to uni? What are your experiences with parking?
2012 ATAR:88.90

2013-2015 Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering and Science (dropped in 2015)
2015-2017 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #4949 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:42 pm »
Does anybody ride a motorcycle to uni? What are your experiences with parking?

I'm pretty sure in Victoria you can park on any footpath (unless otherwise marked) so you should be fine anywhere.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.