For your first question, if someone just walked up to me on the street and asked me if the 3 was included with the sine or not, I would say 'no'. Normally, I would place brackets around whatever is meant to go in the sine function - I guess sometimes people take shortcuts and write "sin 2x" instead of "sin(2x)". If this occurs in an exam, I would also assume that the 3 is not part of the sine. I'm sure that VCAA exam writers will go over their exams and check for possible ambiguities, and they would write sin(3x+3) if that is what they want.
For your second question, I agree with the book's answer. The key is to note the original domain you were given (the bit in brackets before the arrow). What that means is 'x, such that x is greater than 1/3'. In other words, you need to only consider the parts of 1/(3x-1) where x is greater than 1/3. This is only the right branch of the hyperbola. Hence, in this case, f(x) is only the right branch. Now, it turns out that when we restricted the domain of the original function, we also restricted the range of the original function too. The range of the right branch of the hyperbola is (0, inf), and therefore this is the domain of f^-1(x).