Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 12, 2024, 09:20:06 am

Author Topic: Doing Year 12 over 2 years...?  (Read 4892 times)  Share 

frebbb

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Doing Year 12 over 2 years...?
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »
I am struggling with a mood disorder, and am questioning my ability to successfully do 5 subjects next year. So I am contemplating doing Year 12 over two years - 3 or 4 subjects next year, and then 1 or 2 while working a casual job the year after.
I was wondering if anyone had any comments, tips, or personal stories that might help me make a decision, as I am still not 100% about what I am going to do.

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
Re: Doing Year 12 over 2 years...?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »
I think it's a really good idea to be honest, and really, it mirrors what a lot of people end up doing at university.  That's about it.
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

WonderBunny

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +17
  • School: CAE
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:50:56 pm »
I think your plan sounds like a good idea too.
Like you, I have health issues. I did VCE part time and I found it much easier to cope with. My only tip is that you might want to do the extra year at TAFE. The classes are usually only once a week and you don't have to wear a uniform or deal with school-type bullshit. 

frebbb

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 11:55:32 am »
Thanks guys, I am actually feeling pretty good about the idea :) Luckily the school I go to does not require us to wear uniforms, and it is just Year 11 and 12s, so there is limited bullshit (Yes, I do go to pretty much the best school that ever existed!)
The TAFE is idea is pretty good though - it would be brilliant to only have to go in 1 day a week, so that I will have time to earn some money.
Thanks again for your input :)

BSKT

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: -2
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:55 pm »
In all honesty, I would advise against it, if it's possible.  I mean you'll have all these friends one year, and the next, you will be be amongst strangers.  It will feel strange when the end of year 12 comes first time around.

5 subjects isn't a real struggle.  Just take your time with everything, and relax!

If you're absolutely certain you couldn't do it over one year, then don't.