Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 02:40:23 pm

Author Topic: Access Melbourne?  (Read 1114 times)  Share 

lvmpid

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Access Melbourne?
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:33:55 am »
Did anyone else receive an email saying they "qualify" for a guaranteed place in their chosen undergraduate course at UoM? Does this mean I'm in for sure? What does this mean?! I'm freaking out

and if so,
What if I wanted another course at Monash and have that as my first preference, will I still be guaranteed the spot at Melbourne? However my atar is lower than needed for Monash  :(
What do I do?
Any help appreciated !

JSB

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +7
  • School: CAE
Re: Access Melbourne?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:48:48 am »
Hey there lvmpid
 I just got the exact same email, it just seems like a general email reminding us that since we qualified for one or more access melb catergories, as long as we fulfil the requirements they have listed there (i.e. minimum ATAR) then our places are guaranteed. So as long as you do, then yeah I suppose it's for sure.

I'm not sure about the second part.. but try not to stress too much  :)
2011: classics, lit, chinese, studio
2012: international studies @ RMIT

ceekayx

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »
Yeh, I got that email too, also has anyone ever got in by being few decimal points off the garunteered atar ?

Cuddlekins

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »
Yeh, I got that email too, also has anyone ever got in by being few decimal points off the garunteered atar ?
Yeah i know of a person that got into commerce with a few points away from 88 (i think he got 86?).
Bachelor of Science @ UoM

Sellingman

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: -11
  • School: Kentsington
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:52:57 pm »
Could someone print screen this e-mail and post it please?

It would be immensely appreciated because I got the following e-mail and not that one:

Dear Sellingman,

Congratulations on your wonderful Year 12 results! To assist you during VTAC’s important Change of Preference period we thought the following information might help you weigh up the many exciting opportunities that are now available to you.

Options for High-Achievers

If you had applied for the Chancellor’s Scholars Program at Melbourne now is the time to include our standard new generation degree on your preference list.  The course curriculum is identical to that provided by the Chancellor’s Scholars Program and offers the attendant benefits of studying at one of the world’s leading universities.  Further detailed information on each of our new generation degrees is available online via course search.

As a student with an ATAR above 96.00, you have the reassurance of knowing that if you enrol in an undergraduate degree at Melbourne, you will be guaranteed a place in a range of professional entry masters programs of your choice provided you achieve a Grade Point Average of 65% or higher in your undergraduate studies.  Further information on the range of guaranteed pathways available at Melbourne is available on our web site.
Course Information Day

Course Information Day on Monday 19 December offers you and your family the opportunity to visit the Parkville campus and speak face-to-face with University staff and gather any course advice and selection information you need to finalise your preferences before Change of Preference closes on Wednesday 21 December.

To register your attendance or explore the program details further please go to: http://www.cop.unimelb.edu.au
Alternatively you can drop in and speak to our student advisers at a time that suits you at:

The University Information Centre
Gate 3, Swanston Street
from 8am to 6pm weekdays until December 21
and 10am and 4pm on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 December
View map here
Or you can call toll free on 1800 801 662 or email us at: http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/contact

Again, congratulations on your well deserved success and all the very best for this exciting new phase of your life.

Office of Admissions

The University of Melbourne
- Feel free to PM me, I'm friendly and happy to help or refer you to someone who can :)