Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 03:22:03 am

Author Topic: Weight training basics + diet  (Read 5183 times)  Share 

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Weight training basics + diet
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »
Taiga does high GI carbs automatically mean complex carbs? Or can simple carbs be high GI..?
2013: BSc at UoM

Ajsguns

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »
Taiga does high GI carbs automatically mean complex carbs? Or can simple carbs be high GI..?

You would only ever take simple/sugary carbs in the morning if you were going straight into a workout and you needed a spike of energy. Also you guys should take all your food in a liquid for postwork so your carbs in a dextrose and your protein in a protein shake. Your body has a 45min window that it will soak everything up after a postworkout thats the digestion time not the time you actually put the food in. I don't really believe carbs are essential postworkout unless your doing intense cardio.

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 09:30:23 pm »

You would only ever take simple/sugary carbs in the morning if you were going straight into a workout and you needed a spike of energy. Also you guys should take all your food in a liquid for postwork so your carbs in a dextrose and your protein in a protein shake. Your body has a 45min window that it will soak everything up after a postworkout thats the digestion time not the time you actually put the food in. I don't really believe carbs are essential postworkout unless your doing intense cardio.
I thought you take simple carbs post-workout for the very reason that your body is depleted of glucose/glycogen. Yeah I take a protein shake and a banana and something else usually.

Ajsguns

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:57 pm »

I thought you take simple carbs post-workout for the very reason that your body is depleted of glucose/glycogen. Yeah I take a protein shake and a banana and something else usually.

Take Dextrose not a simple carb solid.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:49:18 pm by Ajsguns »

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:06 am »
Dammit I was thinking of buying some dextrose powder when I bought supps a week ago, but my friend convinced me to eat whole foods and save money lol.

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »
There isn't too much wrong with having solid simple carbs towards the end of your workout if you're really that concerned about not absorbing it at the right time.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.