Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 04:30:55 pm

Author Topic: Holiday Fitness Progress  (Read 22516 times)  Share 

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
Re: Holiday Fitness Progress
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »
How's the progress going now fellas? Dropped another 6 kgs since mid December, though not lifting whilst overseas seems to have set back my strength just a tiny bit. Still on the same weights, but reaching failure quicker. Shouldn't be too much of a worry now I'm back into the swing of things :)
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

Jdog

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 06:18:08 pm »
How do you drop weight so quickly??

To be in ideal shape, Id need to drop 2-3 kilos, but its taking me a while!

WhoTookMyUsername

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2012, 06:18:20 pm »
how did you drop 6 kiloes in 4 weeks :S

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »
+1
how did you drop 6 kiloes in 4 weeks :S

Eat clean... 6-8 meals a day.. no complex carbs after lunch time. ( this included rice , pasta cereal etc etc).
Train hard ( 1 hour of cardio a day .. 30 mins low intensity , 30 mins high intensity).
Start weight training on top of all of that 3 days a week

with no past experience .. all this is impossible. You cant jump from no fitness to fitness freak.
it takes time.
Once you know EXACTLY what your doing .. weight can be dropped incredibly fast.
otherwise .. its not a 4 week process.
2009 : Physical Education
2010  ATAR : 91.45 , Bio , Chem , Methods , Psychology , English
Completed VCE at the age of 16.
2011 : Bachelor of pharmacy
2012 : Hopefully med? " crosses fingers"

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 07:20:32 pm »
Been pretty strict when I'm dieting, I think I posted it somewhere but I'll do it again. You can actually lose much more than 6kgs in 5 weeks depending on your start weight, and also remember I was overseas for part of it so couldn't keep up with the diet there.

Pretty much follows the ideals of PMSF, which is having enough Protein to keep your lean muscle mass (otherwise you'll just end up being skinny fat which IMO is worse than being obese). PMSF usually involves a huuuge calorie restriction. For someone who has 60kgs of lean mass it'd mean having like 150 grams of protein a day and not much else which is like 600 calories. I'm roughly 65-70kgs of lean mass (~18 kgs of fat) so I just eat 250 grams of protein (a tad over the minimum) which is 1000 calories, and then another 400 calories of other things for nutrition. That's 1.4kcals a day input, and my maintenance sitting around doing absolutely nothing is 2.4 kcals.

That's 1000 deficit from food a day, and then the rest is from cardio/gymwork.

1500 calorie deficit a day is about equivalent to 1.5Kgs a week and then yeah 6kgs in 4 weeks. I know you three have me on fb, just check pics from around March-June, and then something more recent in India and you might notice a fair difference. (It's actually like 20kgs, though I personally can't notice it as I see myself everyday =\)

But yeah, you can lose 6kgs in 4 weeks using what Matt did as well, I'd actually encourage you use that method if you want to cut only 1.5kgs a week. I'm going for something a bit quicker. You're also spot on Matt, knowledge is everything.

A general safety warning, do not try the strict PMSF unless you know what you're doing, it's very dangerous if you don't do/eat/take the right things whilst doing it. It's generally used by bodybuilders and the morbidly obese to shred  several kilograms of fat within a short amount of time, and you can't keep it going for long.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:24:06 pm by taiga »

ex admin/mod/partner

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »
1500 calorie deficit a day, wait what?
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Jdog

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 12:49:21 pm »
Been pretty strict when I'm dieting, I think I posted it somewhere but I'll do it again. You can actually lose much more than 6kgs in 5 weeks depending on your start weight, and also remember I was overseas for part of it so couldn't keep up with the diet there.

Pretty much follows the ideals of PMSF, which is having enough Protein to keep your lean muscle mass (otherwise you'll just end up being skinny fat which IMO is worse than being obese). PMSF usually involves a huuuge calorie restriction. For someone who has 60kgs of lean mass it'd mean having like 150 grams of protein a day and not much else which is like 600 calories. I'm roughly 65-70kgs of lean mass (~18 kgs of fat) so I just eat 250 grams of protein (a tad over the minimum) which is 1000 calories, and then another 400 calories of other things for nutrition. That's 1.4kcals a day input, and my maintenance sitting around doing absolutely nothing is 2.4 kcals.

That's 1000 deficit from food a day, and then the rest is from cardio/gymwork.

1500 calorie deficit a day is about equivalent to 1.5Kgs a week and then yeah 6kgs in 4 weeks. I know you three have me on fb, just check pics from around March-June, and then something more recent in India and you might notice a fair difference. (It's actually like 20kgs, though I personally can't notice it as I see myself everyday =\)

But yeah, you can lose 6kgs in 4 weeks using what Matt did as well, I'd actually encourage you use that method if you want to cut only 1.5kgs a week. I'm going for something a bit quicker. You're also spot on Matt, knowledge is everything.

A general safety warning, do not try the strict PMSF unless you know what you're doing, it's very dangerous if you don't do/eat/take the right things whilst doing it. It's generally used by bodybuilders and the morbidly obese to shred  several kilograms of fat within a short amount of time, and you can't keep it going for long.

don't you feel hungry??

i get so hungry straight after gym, I probably eat more on gym days than non gym ones.

abd123

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »
If my bf is pretty high like 20%+, losing fat would be my first priority.

You will certainly lose muscles mass, but you will gain it back through your muscle memory if you jump on a good clean bulk.

Its best to lower your bodyfat percentage around 11% in a cutting phase and slowly bulk it up to 15% or 16% on a bulking phase. You will find that within years later of bulking and cutting your muscles would mature so than it would be easier to lose fat and stay at a low bodyfat (lower than 9%), and you would find yourself eating a lot more foods excessing over 4000 calories (when ever on a bulking phase).

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »
1500 calorie deficit a day isn't ridiculous if you get your nutrients and enough protein whilst continuing to lift. Regular cutting is generally a 500 calorie food deficit, and a 500 calorie cardio deficit. Cutting out 500 more isn't that bad.

Muscle Memory, slightly suspect

ex admin/mod/partner

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2012, 03:56:58 pm »
1500 calorie deficit a day isn't ridiculous if you get your nutrients and enough protein whilst continuing to lift. Regular cutting is generally a 500 calorie food deficit, and a 500 calorie cardio deficit. Cutting out 500 more isn't that bad.

Do you use a multivitamin tablet as part of your diet?
2013: BSc at UoM

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »

It's a lot for me, considering my BMR maintenance is about 2000 calories lol
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

Dont take multi's
im studying pharmacy .. lol trust me .. they are a waste of money.
Well i personally think that.

take a multi Dbol/anvar/sten if you want huge muscles.
ahahahha

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

Dont take multi's
im studying pharmacy .. lol trust me .. they are a waste of money.
Well i personally think that.

take a multi Dbol/anvar/sten if you want huge muscles.
ahahahha
Hahahhah yeah I'm going to stack dbol, trenbol, clen  :P 

Lots of places I've read say that a multi is the most important supplement, because you need those vitamins and minerals.
Why do you think they are a waste of money?
2013: BSc at UoM

abd123

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2012, 07:43:22 pm »
If you guys are ever try to cycle steriods or HGH someday, be aware that they sometime put motor oil in vials (srs).

I've heard about this becareful.

If a guy has added 35-40 pounds (15kg-19kg) of muscles naturally within four years and has plateaued he would have to than quit hypertrophy and get back on brutal strength training. Reps that are lower than six.

The biggest natural bodybuilder ever is Aaron Curtis.

EDIT: 5'11'' (180cm) ~ 222 pounds (101kg)

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »
I Think curtis Definitely hits up the gear.
They have so many ways to hide it in the system.

even if he is not
this would be freak genetics + PERFECT diet and training which involved no life.
impossible for the average person
thus i would never look up to him.