Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 08:44:23 pm

Poll

Which political party do you/intend to vote for?

Coalition (Liberal/National)
22 (37.9%)
Labor
19 (32.8%)
Greens
10 (17.2%)
Independent
1 (1.7%)
Other (please specify)
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Which political party do you/intend to vote for?  (Read 12042 times)  Share 

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
Re: Which political party do you/intend to vote for?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 12:56:39 am »
+1
People have short memories. Rudd was not that popular back then, and if anything the Labour party has achieved more in terms of actual policy under Gillard then Rudd. But for some reason people like Rudd lol, I can only wonder why.
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

abeybaby

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +182
  • School: Scotch College
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 01:21:36 am »
+1
Labor has a been a joke for as long as I can remember...

I'm definitely voting liberal, with or without abbott, the man is still miles better than gillard to me - his problem is that he cant public speak.
just taking the first paragraph from wiki:

Prior to entering the Australian Parliament, Abbott studied for a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws at Sydney University and for a Master of Arts as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University. He later trained as a seminarian and worked as a journalist, business manager, political advisor and Executive Director of Australians for Constitutional Monarchy. Abbott has also been an author, ultramarathon runner and member of the New South Wales Rural Fire Service.

thats pretty impressive to me - again, if only he was any good at public speaking

Smarter VCE Lectures and Resources

2014-2017: Doctor of Medicine, University of Sydney.
2011-2013: Bachelor of Biomedicine, University of Melbourne. 2010 ATAR: 99.85

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 01:31:22 am »
+1
Abbott is not as stupid as most people claim. Why he chooses to caricature himself is beyond me. Do you really need to dumb yourself down to mind-numbing levels in order to appeal to others?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:33:13 am by JellyDonut »
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Flying Emu

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 11:46:51 am »
+1
Abbott is not as stupid as most people claim. Why he chooses to caricature himself is beyond me. Do you really need to dumb yourself down to mind-numbing levels in order to appeal to others?

Yeah his not that stupid, my concern with him is how his actually going to run Australia. He doesn't even believe in global warming, his gonna drown us all  :'(

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 12:24:07 pm »
+4
Tell him that global warming is the cause of boat people and live cattle trade. Crisis averted
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:22:02 pm by JellyDonut »
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.