Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 03:45:06 am

Author Topic: ATARNotes eMagazine mailing list now open! The name (and contest winner) is...  (Read 55219 times)  Share 

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
  • Respect: +45
Well I still haven't received the email, is there some resend button I can click?

Shouldn't need to. The confirmation email is only to make sure you can receive emails from us, and get us out of spam, etc. If you want to test it, you can go here, http://www.atarnotes.com/?p=emagazine&do=unsubscribe, and then just ignore the unsubscribe email. If you don't that one either, then we have problems. :p

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
Up and running. Let me know if you have any problems.

Not sure if it works since I'm apparently already subscribed. Tried to loop around that issue, but the 'Unsubscribe' button comes up with:
authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.7.1 Please log in with your web browser and then try again. Learn more at 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=78754 v9sm11801944anj.14)]

Try now. Think Google's SMTP server was down for a bit. I'll just have to monitor it and see if I need to switch or not.

shinny

• VN MVP 2010
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +256
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2008

Not sure if it works since I'm apparently already subscribed. Tried to loop around that issue, but the 'Unsubscribe' button comes up with:
authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.7.1 Please log in with your web browser and then try again. Learn more at 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=78754 v9sm11801944anj.14)]

Try now. Think Google's SMTP server was down for a bit. I'll just have to monitor it and see if I need to switch or not.

The website part of it's working now, but I'm still not getting an unsubscribe email.
MBBS (hons) - Monash University

YR11 '07: Biology 49
YR12 '08: Chemistry 47; Spesh 41; Methods 49; Business Management 50; English 43

ENTER: 99.70

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.

The website part of it's working now, but I'm still not getting an unsubscribe email.

Hmm. Working at my domain, gmail, and hotmail account. Would your email provider be blocking us for some reason? PM me your email and I'll see what I can find out.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:20:10 pm by DavidB3ck »

JinXi

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +90
  • School: Camberwell High School
  • School Grad Year: 2010
Fine with my domain and hotmail account too. Got the confirmation email within seconds.
Monash B.Aero Eng/Sci Discontinued in Sem2 2012 [2011-2015]

"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job… because, he will find an easy way to do it." ~ Bill Gates
^ SNORLAX, I chooosee You!!!

Flying Emu

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Well I still haven't received the email, is there some resend button I can click?

Shouldn't need to. The confirmation email is only to make sure you can receive emails from us, and get us out of spam, etc. If you want to test it, you can go here, http://www.atarnotes.com/?p=emagazine&do=unsubscribe, and then just ignore the unsubscribe email. If you don't that one either, then we have problems. :p

Didn't receive the unsubscribe email either.

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.

Didn't receive the unsubscribe email either.

PM me email address please.

Flying Emu

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
I'm receiving the emails now and I'm really not sure why. Cleaned up my blocked contacts list and now I seem to be able to receive the unsubscribe emails o.O?

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
I'm receiving the emails now and I'm really not sure why. Cleaned up my blocked contacts list and now I seem to be able to receive the unsubscribe emails o.O?

Probably coincidence. I setup a local mail server since Gmail started blocking us again. Apparently their spam filters learn and I couldn't convince them we weren't spam.

Flying Emu

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
What times the magazine being sent out?

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
What times the magazine being sent out?

Soon. :P

BoredSatan

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • <3
  • Respect: +72
  • School: GWSC
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Master of Dentistry, Latrobe University 2011 ATAR: 99.75
ATARnotes Accounting Unit 3&4 Study Guide Author

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
I can just imagine them all frantic as anything trying to put this thing together. Maybe they're  waiting for an 11.59pm release o.O
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • Respect: +75
  • School Grad Year: 2012
i predict its coming out in the next 5 - 10  minutes

edit. oops
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:23:58 pm by Bhootnike »
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
12.01, duh