Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 29, 2024, 08:08:01 am

Author Topic: OFFICIAL RESULTS THREAD  (Read 37850 times)

polkadot

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: Minaret College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: OFFICIAL RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »
I'm over the moon with a 71/75 :D what study score would I be looking at with a similar mark at the end of year? Thanks :)

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »
Just checked mine and I got an A+. Is it possible to get a statement for Unit 3 after end of year exams are over, or do I have to do that now?
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

WhoTookMyUsername

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »
before a certain date in september (nowish)

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »
Cheers.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2012, 05:28:38 pm »
For Statement of Marks, the form states "Applications for Statements of Marks close on Friday 15 February 2013" (and then also the late fee date).

The September date is for inspection of your exam scripts: "Applications for Inspection of June Examination Scripts close on Friday 21 September 2012."

Shenz0r

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »
I WANT TO SEE MY STATEMENT NOW ARGH, WHY DID I ONLY MAIL MY APPLICATION ON TUESDAY

The suspense is too hard to bear!
2012 ATAR: 99.20
2013-2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Microbiology/Immunology: Infections and Immunity) at The University of Melbourne
2016-2019: Doctor of Medicine (MD4) at The University of Melbourne

halfbloodprincess

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »
If you want your SoM faster, you can fax it to them... I got it within two days.
I was really excited cos I got an A+ but now i'm a bit disappointed cos I only just got the cutoff mark. I kind of regret looking at it :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:58:50 pm by halfbloodprincess »

joseph95

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »
If you want your SoM faster, you can fax it to them... I got it within two days.
I was really excited cos I got an A+ but now i'm a bit disappointed cos I only just got the cutoff mark. I kind of regret looking at it :(

Um quit bitching you got an A+! Get some self esteem and be proud of yourself for doing so well! So many people would have studied hard and got a C+, get some perspective amigo: you're going to get over 40. This is stupid.

joseph95

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »
Anyone able to estimate what a 70/75 could yield as a study score if repeated?
 :)

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2012, 07:37:14 pm »
Anyone able to estimate what a 70/75 could yield as a study score if repeated?
 :)

44-47? Can't really tell. This exam was easy, but the next one could be easy or hard.
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »

Um quit bitching you got an A+! Get some self esteem and be proud of yourself for doing so well! So many people would have studied hard and got a C+, get some perspective amigo: you're going to get over 40. This is stupid.
That's really not fair at all. Different people have very different expectations and obviously will be disappointed about different results. So long as you're not being ostentatiously remorseful, there's nothing wrong with expressing it and HBP was definitely not untactful. To call this stupid is stupid. Not everyone is happy with simply 'get[ting] over 40', including myself. Nothing wrong with shooting for the stars and falling short and being disappointed about it, it gives you something to work towards, and it certainly doesn't mean she has no 'self-esteem'. Just because other people worked hard and got a C+, it doesn't mean those who have higher expectations for themselves should feign satisfaction.

Apologies if I sound harsh or rude but I'm so sick of that attitude (not referring directly to you, I don't think you even meant it like I've perceived it), especially at school.

Jenny_2108

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 07:48:18 pm »
Different people have very different expectations and obviously will be disappointed about different results. So long as you're not being ostentatiously remorseful, there's nothing wrong with expressing it and HBP was definitely not untactful. To call this stupid is stupid. Not everyone is happy with simply 'get[ting] over 40', including myself. Nothing wrong with shooting for the stars and falling short and being disappointed about it, it gives you something to work towards, and it certainly doesn't mean she has no 'self-esteem'. Just because other people worked hard and got a C+, it doesn't mean those who have higher expectations for themselves should feign satisfaction.

Thats so true. Everyone has different expectations. I feel a bit sad about my mid year exams too but just dont wanna express it too much because I still have chances in the end-of-year exams

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:07 pm »
Guys let's cool it down a little. Derp, you have a point - but say it more constructively :P and Joseph - consider derp's point. People are allowed to have expectations of themselves and be disappointed when they don't get what they hope for.

Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

horizon

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2012, 08:03:55 pm »
I got my statement of marks and there's some marks I lost but I'm not sure why......what's the process if you want to appeal? Should I wait until after the examiner's report or now? Do I inspect the script first?

joseph95

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2012, 08:10:17 pm »

That's really not fair at all. Different people have very different expectations and obviously will be disappointed about different results. So long as you're not being ostentatiously remorseful, there's nothing wrong with expressing it and HBP was definitely not untactful. To call this stupid is stupid. Not everyone is happy with simply 'get[ting] over 40', including myself. Nothing wrong with shooting for the stars and falling short and being disappointed about it, it gives you something to work towards, and it certainly doesn't mean she has no 'self-esteem'. Just because other people worked hard and got a C+, it doesn't mean those who have higher expectations for themselves should feign satisfaction.

Apologies if I sound harsh or rude but I'm so sick of that attitude (not referring directly to you, I don't think you even meant it like I've perceived it), especially at school.

Guys let's cool it down a little. Derp, you have a point - but say it more constructively :P and Joseph - consider derp's point. People are allowed to have expectations of themselves and be disappointed when they don't get what they hope for.

I agree with you guys, I didn't mean it in a malicious way, I meant to try and show her that she should be proud of herself for her achievements and try to make her feel better!

Yes she was disappointed but there is so much that is good in her mark that I feel she should be happy. It's an A+! The best possible grade! I don't want her to feign satisfaction at all, I want her to feel truly satisfied as she has achieved something so great. Do you not see that it is upsetting that someone can do so well yet still feel disappointed? How is this a good thing? Aim high but call a spade a spade, you still did awesome. It sucks that she can't be happy for herself.

This is life, we can't all be perfect, so there's no point sulking about it when you came so close.