Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 01, 2026, 02:45:06 pm

Author Topic: Study Score Prediction Question Thread  (Read 1318827 times)  Share 

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

letsgetthis

  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2655 on: November 04, 2019, 09:49:46 pm »
0
Hi,
If i got 40/40 and 60/60 on the further exams but not sure of my rank, am I guaranteed a 50? Or does it depend on my SACS.

PhoenixxFire

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3695
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2656 on: November 04, 2019, 09:54:31 pm »
0
Hi,
If i got 40/40 and 60/60 on the further exams but not sure of my rank, am I guaranteed a 50? Or does it depend on my SACS.

It'll depend on what your sacs scale to - GA1 is worth 34% so it's just as significant as either exam.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

letsgetthis

  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2657 on: November 04, 2019, 11:08:29 pm »
0
I averaged 95% in a pretty strong cohort for methods, what scores do I need on both the exams for a 45. Thanks

TheEagle

  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 361
  • Respect: +12
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2658 on: November 05, 2019, 11:54:11 am »
0
rank 1 further
dropped 2 marks on exam 1
dropped 3 in exam 2


or
dropped 3 in exam 1
and dropped 3 in exam 2

MubMurshed

  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2659 on: November 05, 2019, 04:15:10 pm »
0
Hey everyone,

For eng lang, what kind of SS would I get if I got:

Unit 3: 90/100
Unit 4: 90/100
Exam: 63/75 (hopefully!)

I am also rank 1 in a moderate cohort.
Cheers.
VCE:
2017: Further Mathematics {50}
2018: Biology {48}
2019: English Language {  }, Specialist Mathematics {  }, Physics {  }, Chemistry {  }

ouiiilesgars

  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2660 on: November 05, 2019, 04:21:10 pm »
0
Hello.
Biology: Ranked 1st in a moderately strong cohort of around 80
GA1: 90%
GA2: 97%
Exam: 86%
Also, student ranked 2 most likely scored higher on the exam.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:04:16 pm by ouiiilesgars »

JeromeTT

  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 49
  • Respect: +2
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2661 on: November 05, 2019, 05:27:07 pm »
+7
Hello.
Further Maths:
SACs: 98/100
Exam 1: 38/40
Exam 2: 57/60
Thank you :)
43-46
2018 - Software Development [49], Further Maths [50]

2019 - English [32], Maths Methods [38], Specialist Maths [31], Physics [37]
ATAR: 97.35

2020-2023
Bachelor of Computer Science Advanced (Hons) @ Monash

darkz

  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Respect: +154
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2662 on: November 05, 2019, 05:41:54 pm »
0
Hello.
Biology: Ranked 1st in a moderately strong cohort of around 80
GA1: 90%
GA2: 97%
Exam: 86%
Also, student ranked 2 most likely scored higher on the exam.

Thanks! :)

Assuming 100% SACs & 2018 Distribution, 103/120 will get around 43-45
2018: Biology [50 + Prems]
2019: English [46], Latin [45], Chemistry [41], Mathematical Methods [48], Specialist Mathematics [41]
ATAR: 99.95

2020: BMedSci, M.D. @ Monash Uni

VCE Biology Units 1&2 and 3&4 Tutoring for 2021

tofudahyun

  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2663 on: November 05, 2019, 07:10:57 pm »
0
Hi,
For Further I'm top 10 in an average cohort of about 120. Exam 1: 37/40 and Exam 2: 57/60. Thank you :)

Jashy

  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 21
  • [proto-type] E
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2664 on: November 05, 2019, 09:15:01 pm »
+3
Hi.
For Biology:
Unit 3 SACs: 82%
Unit 4 SACs: 85%
Exam: 75%
Thank you :)

well it actually depends on what the sac marks end up being after VCAA moderation but a safe call would be around 37 raw score.
flunked!!!

1025

  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2665 on: November 06, 2019, 09:59:37 am »
0
If you are rank 1 in your cohort prior to the exam but people do better than you on the exam what happens?
Will you be brought up or down?

PhoenixxFire

  • VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3695
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2666 on: November 06, 2019, 10:10:53 am »
+2
Hi,
For Further I'm top 10 in an average cohort of about 120. Exam 1: 37/40 and Exam 2: 57/60. Thank you :)
43-45ish dependent on how your sacs scale.

If you are rank 1 in your cohort prior to the exam but people do better than you on the exam what happens?
Will you be brought up or down?
Your sacs will scale to a higher percentile than your exam mark - so it'll increase your mark.

Hey everyone,

For eng lang, what kind of SS would I get if I got:

Unit 3: 90/100
Unit 4: 90/100
Exam: 63/75 (hopefully!)

I am also rank 1 in a moderate cohort.
Cheers.
Your exam would be slightly below the 44 mark from last year. Could possibly get up to 44/mid 40s if someone else does better than you on the exam (which would cause your sacs to scale higher than your exam) or if the grade distribution changes.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Robespierre

  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Respect: 0
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2667 on: November 06, 2019, 12:15:42 pm »
0
Hi everyone,

For methods, I'm ranked between 6-8 in an above-average cohort of around 85, what SS would I get with these exam scores:
GA2: 33/40
GA3: 70/80

Thanks

spursy

  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Respect: +2
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2668 on: November 06, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »
0
For methods
i choked badly on exam 1 and got 22/40
sac average is 80%
what would i get if I got 65/80 in exam 2

justaloser

  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
  • Respect: +116
Re: Study Score Prediction Question Thread
« Reply #2669 on: November 06, 2019, 03:00:18 pm »
0
Hey everyone!

I have an average SAC score of 79% and am placed roughly in the top 30% (optimistic guess) of my cohort (I think??)
I've gotten around 64/80 for my practice Exam 2s.
What would happen if I choked on exam 1 and only scored 27/40?

Thanks!
2020-24: Monash Uni MBBS (Bonded)

I don't really go on here anymore. Feel free to DM though

I have no idea about the UCAT percentile required to get an interview/accepted into medicine. Mine was the first year that they used the UCAT. Just try and maximise your ATAR and take care of yourself.

My Med School journal