Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 28, 2026, 09:00:56 pm

Author Topic: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion  (Read 35286 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nancybaby

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 73
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »
Was 33 A? I originally had C and then changed it. And what'd people put for 40?

40 was soo weird. I put C, but yeah, I'm not sure at all.
And I put A for 33 too.

Can't really be A for 33 as if it activated post-synaptic neurons, that would increase arousal. Really... making it worse

But I thought Benzodiazepiens work by stimulating the GABA which... actually wait. Shit.

So that's one question wrong then!


No no....benzodiazepiens IMITIATE GABA and gaba is a inhibitory neoron found in the CNS therefore they inhibit neuron activation!!


diligent18

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 126
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 06:38:29 pm »
Whatever the case, congratulations to everyone for completing Year 12 Psychology! 
It's been a wonderful ride, and I'd be happy to do it all again!  I'm sure all of you have similar sentiments.
All the best for the rest of your studies!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:44:18 pm by diligent18 »
UMAT 2012: 99%tile   ATAR 2012: 99.55
2013: Monash MBBS I

nancybaby

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 73
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:55 pm »
Also, what did people have for Multiple Choice question 25?

I did B for 25

Felicity Wishes

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 731
  • School: Mater Christi College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 06:45:18 pm »
Whatever the case, congratulations to everyone for completing Year 12 Psychology! 
It's been a wonderful ride, and I'd be happy to do it all again!  I'm sure all of you have similar sentiments.
All the best for the rest of your studies!
Congrats to you too!
I agree - it has been a good ride and I know I'd love to do it all again!
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)

nomorecookies

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »
Was 33 A? I originally had C and then changed it. And what'd people put for 40?

40 was soo weird. I put C, but yeah, I'm not sure at all.
And I put A for 33 too.

Can't really be A for 33 as if it activated post-synaptic neurons, that would increase arousal. Really... making it worse

But I thought Benzodiazepiens work by stimulating the GABA which... actually wait. Shit.

So that's one question wrong then!


No no....benzodiazepiens IMITIATE GABA and gaba is a inhibitory neoron found in the CNS therefore they inhibit neuron activation!!
SO i wasn't the only one who did D or something which said inhiibits post synaptic neuron blablab therefore decreasing arousal?
2O12 : Psychology
2O13 : English Language | Methods | Japanese | Economics | Business Management

thushan

  • ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 4959
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »
I know I'd love to do it all again!

Now, that's one indicator that you really enjoyed the subject :)
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

Felicity Wishes

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 731
  • School: Mater Christi College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »
Was 33 A? I originally had C and then changed it. And what'd people put for 40?

40 was soo weird. I put C, but yeah, I'm not sure at all.
And I put A for 33 too.

Can't really be A for 33 as if it activated post-synaptic neurons, that would increase arousal. Really... making it worse

But I thought Benzodiazepiens work by stimulating the GABA which... actually wait. Shit.

So that's one question wrong then!


No no....benzodiazepiens IMITIATE GABA and gaba is a inhibitory neoron found in the CNS therefore they inhibit neuron activation!!
I reckon it could easily be A or C. The information in Grivas is pretty ambiguous.
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)

Felicity Wishes

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 731
  • School: Mater Christi College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 06:49:35 pm »
I know I'd love to do it all again!

Now, that's one indicator that you really enjoyed the subject :)

Heeeh! I do really love it! Even if my mark isn't the best, I'll still love it.  ;D
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)

ktrah

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 273
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »
ARRRRGHHHHH kjdbcfksdb I'm such an idiot! I talked about observational learning in the Polly question instead of shaping!!! Feeling very disappointed, especially because the whole exam felt like it was probably easy so more people will do better. So much content wasn't assessed at all! Like Garcia and Koelling and allostasis etc. What did people write for the random classification question in short answer? And also the one with the graph and not being able to draw a conclusion?

katykins

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
  • Donde, está, la biblioteca
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »
ARRRRGHHHHH kjdbcfksdb I'm such an idiot! I talked about observational learning in the Polly question instead of shaping!!! Feeling very disappointed, especially because the whole exam felt like it was
  probably easy so more people will do better. So much content wasn't assessed at all! Like Garcia and Koelling and allostasis etc. What did people write for the random classification question in short answer? And also the one with the graph and not being able to draw a conclusion?

dont worry, i believe it may be one of those questions where obseravtional, operant and shaping are acepted as long as the answer is explained. they all have valid points and could be a successive way to train her, but im not quite sure. in the trial exams i did, there were a few questions like that, that had mutilple possible answers! dont stress anyway, it's only a two or one mark question anyway :)
what a year it has been, thank goodness it is over, bring on a new chapter!

Psychology- 46!
Theatre studies- 37
Biology- 35
English- 34
Further maths-33
ATAR-87.15 so pleased!

any questions related to Psychology or Theatre Studies please don't hesitate to ask :)

ktrah

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 273
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 07:10:21 pm »
dont worry, i believe it may be one of those questions where obseravtional, operant and shaping are acepted as long as the answer is explained. they all have valid points and could be a successive way to train her, but im not quite sure. in the trial exams i did, there were a few questions like that, that had mutilple possible answers! dont stress anyway, it's only a two or one mark question anyway :)

Thanks, I really hope so (although I reeeeally doubt it haha). It was 3 marks :(
Does anyone know if connect ed will be publishing exam answers for end of year exams?

Russ

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 8442
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 07:11:47 pm »
Was 33 A? I originally had C and then changed it. And what'd people put for 40?

40 was soo weird. I put C, but yeah, I'm not sure at all.
And I put A for 33 too.

Can't really be A for 33 as if it activated post-synaptic neurons, that would increase arousal. Really... making it worse

But I thought Benzodiazepiens work by stimulating the GABA which... actually wait. Shit.

So that's one question wrong then!


No no....benzodiazepiens IMITIATE GABA and gaba is a inhibitory neoron found in the CNS therefore they inhibit neuron activation!!
I reckon it could easily be A or C. The information in Grivas is pretty ambiguous.

It's C

zed

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • School: Minaret College
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »
what was the answer for the question abt jim's son coz it was either punishment or negative reinforcement

ktrah

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 273
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »
Swearing less was punishment, doing more homework was negative reinforcement.

vashappenin

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 905
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Psychology Post-Exam Discussion
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
SOOOO HAPPY THE EXTENDED RESPONSE WAS ER!!!!!!
When reading time started I quickly flicked to ER, saw it was research methods and did a tiny fist pump!
questions were basic, A+ cut off will be really high I think
OMG SAME. I actually smiled to myself and felt soooooo relieved

For 25 I said B


Argh, as much as it is all relieving, I'm actually going to miss psychology soooo much :'(
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)