Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 05:45:15 pm

Author Topic: Post-VCE Freedom!!  (Read 27669 times)  Share 

#1procrastinator

Re: Post-VCE Freedom!!
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »
multivariable calculus so i can do some E&M book and linear algebra for quantum mechanics
Are you thinking of going to ANU next year?

Yep...hopefully my ATAR is high enough (need an 80 but based on my performance this year, I'm predicting high 70s).

Are you interested in studying physics there as well?

Yeah I am, physics and maths. You seem like the kind of person I could get along with...
Finish year 12; straight into some 'real' maths ;)
Are you thinking of living on campus?

Excellent - assuming you've dived straight into the 'real stuff' after VCE - what have you been studying?

Yep, I've got Warrumbul down as my first preference for the accommodation application...but at this point, I really don't care where I have to stay as long as I'm going to ANU lol

VCEstudentguy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:02 pm »
In the job interview itself will the employer ring up your referees for certain or is it a chance occurrence?

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:05 am »
In the job interview itself will the employer ring up your referees for certain or is it a chance occurrence?

Yeah, for me at least. When I first started handing my resumes out, most places called up referees, seeing as I had little work experience. I wonder, how feasible is it to just give a friend's name and number a la Vandelay Industries? Purely hypothetical ofc :P
Monash Arts/Law

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • Respect: +117
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2012, 12:14:32 am »
HAHAHAHA Vandelay Industries. ROFL.

Normally, afaik, they confirm the referees before the actual job interview.
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2012, 06:02:30 pm »

Yeah, for me at least. When I first started handing my resumes out, most places called up referees, seeing as I had little work experience. I wonder, how feasible is it to just give a friend's name and number a la Vandelay Industries? Purely hypothetical ofc :P
You are cooler than most other people.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »
You are cooler than most other people.

Monash Arts/Law

astone788

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Mordialloc College
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »
Is anyone else having recurring dreams about school? According to my brother (who is 27) it isn't likely to stop anytime soon...
Recurring nightmares. Except they happen in the day. When I'm awake.
I still can't believe that I am officially done with school. I still have nightmares with me in the exam room with a pen in my hand and 5 minutes left on the exam... and I'm not half way done yet. Sadly this ACTUALLY happened in one of my exams, but most of them went pretty good. These days I'm just chilling and trying out new things.