Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 07, 2024, 05:27:53 pm

Author Topic: I need some help. Course help.  (Read 18330 times)  Share 

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • Respect: +117
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: I need some help. Course help.
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
+1
Thanks Viv for clearing all that up.

I put in my prefs today, making BSc at Melbourne my first. I then have the Pharm Sci's and Law/Sciences.

Is it possible to want the "best of both worlds"-> enjoyable lifestyle + job you love + money...? Hmmm.
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2012, 11:25:45 pm »
+1
Thanks Viv for clearing all that up.

I put in my prefs today, making BSc at Melbourne my first. I then have the Pharm Sci's and Law/Sciences.

Is it possible to want the "best of both worlds"-> enjoyable lifestyle + job you love + money...? Hmmm.

It's possible! If you choose something you're passionate about, eventually (if you're lucky), with hard work you'll find success, both financial and otherwise. I think in every field there are entrepreneurs and trailblazers that turned their passion into success :D
/pop philosophy
Monash Arts/Law

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:47 am »
+1
Absolutely! If you're passionate and interested in a certain field/career then you'll love the job. Once you gain the experience and become great at what you do then you'll reap the financial benefits and live a balanced/manageable lifestyle!

Planck's constant

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:13 am »
+1
Sorry to intrude, but how do diploma subjects interact with breadths? If I wanted to finish my course in regular time, do the diploma subjects replace the breadths + a bit of overloading, or would i still be able to do some breadths if i wanted to complete my course with a diploma in regular time?

It is true that your diploma can be entirely breadth.
There are logistical problems. The max breadth allowed is not quite enough for a diploma. Therefore, unless you overload, you will have to go overtime by about a semester.
Some of your breadth subjects can be cross credited to your degree. Classic example is Maths Breadth which can lead to a Maths Diploma but can also be partially used as credits to satisfy the quant requirement of a Commerec degree. Unfortunately this does not open up more spots for breadth, it simply means that you create more spots for Commerce electives.

That's how I understand  things, anyway