Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:33:44 am

Author Topic: P.E 3/4 Question Forum  (Read 15728 times)  Share 

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
  • School: Westbourne Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: MangoPengy's P.E 3/4 Question Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 03:54:14 pm »
+2
What are the differences between maximal and sub-maximal exercise?

Ok maximal exercise is done to exhausation, and can't be maintained for long periods of time. In terms of intensity it is 7 or more mets and in terms of heart rate intensity it is 95%+ of your maximal heart rate.
Therefore submaximal intensity is when the athlete is working at a steady pace which can be maintained for long periods of time. In terms of mets it is anywhere between 3 to 6. In terms of a heart rate intensity it is around 65% to 85% of your max heart rate based on the activity you are doing.
2011: Bio [36]
2012: Legal [42] PE [43] Chem [33] English [40] Methods [25] 
ATAR: 93.30
2013: B. Arts at Monash University
2014: Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts at Monash

jacknthebeanstalk

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »
Ok maximal exercise is done to exhausation, and can't be maintained for long periods of time. In terms of intensity it is 7 or more mets and in terms of heart rate intensity it is 95%+ of your maximal heart rate.
Therefore submaximal intensity is when the athlete is working at a steady pace which can be maintained for long periods of time. In terms of mets it is anywhere between 3 to 6. In terms of a heart rate intensity it is around 65% to 85% of your max heart rate based on the activity you are doing.
thanks for the response.
Can you clarify if this table represents the responses in chronological order or random?

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »
thanks for the response.
Can you clarify if this table represents the responses in chronological order or random?
(Image removed from quote.)

dont entirely understand what your question is
If by order you mean the order they happen, they are generally happen at the same time except the muscular repsonses.
For example at the start of exercise cardiac output, venous returen, diffusion, ventilation, oxygen consumption, blood pressure will all increase. However the energy substrate won't decrease as soon as exercise, when it will will depend on the intensity of the activity, its duration and the type of training done by the athlete.
Hope that makes sense

lala1911

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 04:42:49 pm »
Hello,
Is the food fuel for the Anaerobic Glycolysis system carbohydrates, glucose or glycogen?

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +147
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »
+1
Hello,
Is the food fuel for the Anaerobic Glycolysis system carbohydrates, glucose or glycogen?

carbohydrates
it is stored as glycogen and is released as glucose ! (glucose is a carb)

lala1911

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 07:18:09 pm »
carbohydrates
it is stored as glycogen and is released as glucose ! (glucose is a carb)
Thanks I knew it was carbohydrates however my P.E teacher marked it as incorrect and told me it was Glucose!! (only practice questions) My P.E teacher seriously doesn't know the content himself! lol.

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »
Thanks I knew it was carbohydrates however my P.E teacher marked it as incorrect and told me it was Glucose!! (only practice questions) My P.E teacher seriously doesn't know the content himself! lol.

We should wait for one of the proffesionals but I hope I'm right
Also do we need to know about electron transport chain and Krebs cycle

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »
Hello,

Food fuel - the substance thats is actually used to make ATP - glucose, amino acids, free fatty acids
Food source - where the fuel comes from, what we actually eat - carbs, fat and protein

We should wait for one of the proffesionals but I hope I'm right
Also do we need to know about electron transport chain and Krebs cycle

Nah you don't, thats in bio course.

lala1911

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:24 pm »
Food fuel - the substance thats is actually used to make ATP - glucose, amino acids, free fatty acids
Food source - where the fuel comes from, what we actually eat - carbs, fat and protein
Nah you don't, thats in bio course.
My teacher said that there might be Krebs cycle, Acetyl Coenzyme A and Electron Transport Chain questions on the SAC - ridiculous?

Also, I reviewed my SAC again today, and a question was:
7. Outline the NPAG for a child.
I answered it completely, although didn't include "5-12 years old" so he gave me no marks? I assumed I didn't have to present that information in my response because it wasn't really asked.

Also, would "Extending the amount of lunch time" be a suitable response for a strategy for a primary school to increase physical activity levels? Please be brutally honest? :p
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:02:16 pm by lala1911 »

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:54 pm »
+1
My teacher said that there might be Krebs cycle, Acetyl Coenzyme A and Electron Transport Chain questions on the SAC - ridiculous?

Also, I reviewed my SAC again today, and a question was:
7. Outline the NPAG for a child.
I answered it completely, although didn't include "5-12 years old" so he gave me no marks? I assumed I didn't have to present that information in my response because it wasn't really asked.

Also, would "Extending the amount of lunch time" be a suitable response for a strategy for a primary school to increase physical activity levels? Please be brutally honest? :p

very ridicolous, it is mentioned in the book that these stages happen but thats it. No info about what happens. Look if he says it maybe in the sac study it but it wont be in the exam.

Your teacher seems to be very harsh/tight/stupid. You shouldn't have to write the ages. To be honest in that question i would have also added 2-5 year olds as they are children as well, if we are being technical like him.

I wouldn't accept extending amount of lunch time by itself, i would expand on it. Link it to one of the levels of the socio-ecological model. You can see that it could target the social environment because it gives children more of a chance to interact with others and be more active.
There are a couple of easier examples you could use.

lala1911

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »
very ridicolous, it is mentioned in the book that these stages happen but thats it. No info about what happens. Look if he says it maybe in the sac study it but it wont be in the exam.

Your teacher seems to be very harsh/tight/stupid. You shouldn't have to write the ages. To be honest in that question i would have also added 2-5 year olds as they are children as well, if we are being technical like him.

I wouldn't accept extending amount of lunch time by itself, i would expand on it. Link it to one of the levels of the socio-ecological model. You can see that it could target the social environment because it gives children more of a chance to interact with others and be more active.
There are a couple of easier examples you could use.
Thank you for the response. Yup it is ridiculous and my teacher is extremely slack it's ridiculous I can't get over it. The best I can do is to just study harder. Also, I agree with both of your responses. The first one surely was correct, although the extended lunch time answer I do believe was very vulnerable to his extremely subjective marking but I had no other ideas. It wasn't a socio-ecological model question, it was an "identify" question.

All I can do is just study harder :D

psyxwar

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:09 pm »
Thank you for the response. Yup it is ridiculous and my teacher is extremely slack it's ridiculous I can't get over it. The best I can do is to just study harder. Also, I agree with both of your responses. The first one surely was correct, although the extended lunch time answer I do believe was very vulnerable to his extremely subjective marking but I had no other ideas. It wasn't a socio-ecological model question, it was an "identify" question.

All I can do is just study harder :D
If he gave you a zero for not including one bit of information (that doesn't even seem relevant to the question tbh) then that's just not fair.   Maybe you should talk to another PE teacher about this and ask their opinion on it?
VCE 2013-2014
MD/BMedSci 2015-2020

lala1911

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 10:24:00 pm »
If he gave you a zero for not including one bit of information (that doesn't even seem relevant to the question tbh) then that's just not fair.   Maybe you should talk to another PE teacher about this and ask their opinion on it?
No other P.E teachers unfortunately.

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Re: P.E 3/4 Question Forum
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »
What would cause blood lactate levels to decrease at the beginning of a test?

Where is this question from ?

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Re: P.E 3/4 Question Forum
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
Why does the trained athlete have a lower cardiac output at sub-maximal levels than the untrained individual?