Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 22, 2024, 09:03:08 pm

Author Topic: I would like to say this to fellow Australians.  (Read 14688 times)  Share 

Re: I would like to say this to fellow Australians.
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »
Whenever something like this happens, everyone starts to complain. It's seems to be a tendency in the modern age. We want everything we want, how we want it.

If you don't like it, tough luck. There's always next election. Try express your concern when it comes closer to that day :P

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
  • Respect: +73
  • School: SHGC
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 03:05:19 pm »
Whenever something like this happens, everyone starts to complain. It's seems to be a tendency in the modern age. We want everything we want, how we want it.

If you don't like it, tough luck. There's always next election. Try express your concern when it comes closer to that day :P

What do you mean by 'something like this'? I feel like you're saying that it isn't okay to have an opinion and that you're telling us to just go with the consensus sentiment.
2014: BA @ Monash University
2015: LLB(Hons)/BA @ Monash University

Eugenet17

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »

huh, it's our country so why can't we express our concerns about something that affects us?

lala1911

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 04:38:37 pm »
It's ironic how a lot of these labor/greens voters I've seen on Facebook insult Tony Abbott: "big ears, child molester, *comments about his daughters*" and these are the same people that probably sulk that the world isn't a peaceful place.

And FYI this election Labor received its lowest amount of votes for over 100 years.. before World War 1.. so its clear that majority of Australia are sick of Labors lies..

Most of the labor voters I've seen on the internet are just outspoken hippies just wanting to prove a point or make a name for themselves.

I guess it's just a trend to hate on Mr Abbott now. Apparently the media has brainwashed people into believing that "Australia Needs Tony", but what about all the hatred going around social media brainwashing people into thinking shit about Mr Abbott.. mocking him in his swimming gear, calling him big ears, monkey and the list doesn't end, that all gave him a negative public image and he still ended up demolishing Kevin Rudd.

Also whats with all the sooking about the NBN? I'm using 10mbps internet right now and I can surf the internet, play games and download files fine. I'm all about computers too and I've never complained about internet speeds, even when I had dial-up (maybe a little). There are more important issues to address and more things that money can be spent on.

.. anyway regardless of what anyone thinks or says about Tony Abbott is irrelevant, he was elected because majority rules.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:46:20 pm by Lala1911 »

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »
And FYI this election Labor received its lowest amount of votes for over 100 years.. before World War 1.. so its clear that majority of Australia are sick of Labors lies..

Liberals received 45% of the primary vote. They've hardly got majority support either.

Most of the labor voters I've seen on the internet are just outspoken hippies just wanting to prove a point or make a name for themselves.

Typical Libtard, can't back up any of his points with actual facts. I haven't seen you provide a single actual argument for voting liberals, which I guess nicely reflects Tones' policy of minimal policy, maximum rhetoric, hey. See? Two can play at this ad hom game. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion!
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

lala1911

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »
Liberals received 45% of the primary vote. They've hardly got majority support either.

Typical Libtard, can't back up any of his points with actual facts. I haven't seen you provide a single actual argument for voting liberals, which I guess nicely reflects Tones' policy of minimal policy, maximum rhetoric, hey. See? Two can play at this ad hom game. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion!
Whoa sister I didn't mean to tickle any pickles or start fights. I'm ineligible to vote plus I'm not just taking sides, quite frankly I'd actually prefer not to exercise my right to vote.

Libtard? My family has been all about Labor for their whole life. I've never taken preference to any party.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:20:29 pm by Lala1911 »

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +376
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 05:07:52 pm »
Sigh, I don't understand why everyone has to resort to offending one another with labels or stereotypes for supporters of the party they dislike.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »
Sigh, I don't understand why everyone has to resort to offending one another with labels or stereotypes for supporters of the party they dislike.

+1
It's possible to be respectful of other's opinions and criticise them without labelling the other person.
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »
What do you mean by 'something like this'? I feel like you're saying that it isn't okay to have an opinion and that you're telling us to just go with the consensus sentiment.

By "this" I mean: whenever 'change' happens before people know the outcome, the make their own predictions and comment on what they "think" will be the outcome of the situation. In my opinion, it is far too early to make such mundane predictions of the Coalition while Abbott is still Prime Minister elect. Even he stated during the campaign that his plan is to "underpromise and overachieve". He has not even begun working towards that yet as he is only Prime Minister elect. I mean, give the guy a fair go. If he ultimately fails to deliver what you want, assert your opinion or even complain if need be; there is nothing wrong with that.

I guess to make a comparison, since this is ATARnotes, think of a student who detests a subject before they start learning it. Imagine their groans and hatred towards the subject. However, over time they might grow to like the subject. They might find interest through a means they were never aware of, and slowly build their commitment in due time.
You might find Tonny Abbott and his policies remotely convincing, if anything, but now is not the time to express your hate. Wait until the first term, a month or even a week until he begins his scheme before discrediting him. It is too early to hate. Please don't hate...yet.

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 11:13:57 pm »
Because this is pretty much what the political rhetoric has become over the last three years. Completely down to the media, constant attacking of the Labor party as opposed to warranted criticism/support for policy, factional infighting and destabilisation within the ALP itself, and most disconcertingly, overwhelming political apathy.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:10 pm »
constant attacking of the Labor party

In all fairness, it went both ways. The ALP is equally as guilty of negative politics as the LNP. PUP was worse because it was actually Palmer talking *shudder*
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +376
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 12:12:11 am »
I don't really blame the parties I just blame the people on both sides.  People need to stop being horrible to either side of politics.  It happens to both Labor and Liberal voters.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

appianway

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 12:29:56 am »
I don't really blame the parties I just blame the people on both sides.  People need to stop being horrible to either side of politics.  It happens to both Labor and Liberal voters.

This is probably the one thing that annoys me most about what I see on Facebook. Smart people vote liberal. Smart people vote labor. To dismiss that reality is to insult a significant proportion of the country.

charmanderp

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »
In all fairness, it went both ways. The ALP is equally as guilty of negative politics as the LNP. PUP was worse because it was actually Palmer talking *shudder*
Indisputably so, the ALP isn't innocent, but at least for this election they were on completely different levels.

This is probably the one thing that annoys me most about what I see on Facebook. Smart people vote liberal. Smart people vote labor. To dismiss that reality is to insult a significant proportion of the country.
I agree; I loathe the notion of their being 'intelligent voters', and the complementary opinion that only their vote counts.

The focus needs to be on disengaged voters, and the concerns arising from that ie. resultant apathy towards where your vote goes.
University of Melbourne - Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Economics and International Studies (2013 onwards)

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »
Can we please stop using the phrase 'libtard' which I have seen used by two people now, and which is presumable short for 'liberal retard'.

I remember in the past the moderating team prohibited use of the term 'JuLiar', which was a decision I supported. I think it is only fair that we extend that rule to other phrases that are overly aggressive or demeaning, potentially offensive and which add nothing but vitriol to the political debate.