Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 30, 2026, 08:14:13 am

Author Topic: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?  (Read 83411 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

turtlekent

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Respect: 0
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:15 am »
0
I know the diagram is not to scale, but it is further suggested since the discuss was MUCH larger but the thickness was EXACTLY the same

How do you know that the thickness is the same?

EternalSpirit

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 22
  • Respect: 0
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:29 am »
+1
I thought the question asked for what scale factor was needed to multiply the smaller discus to get the volume for the larger discus. I don't think the question asked for the actual volume.

itsalmostover

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Respect: 0
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:46 am »
0
Yes, I got times by 1.72. Squared then cubed

OH GOD does it matter if i left it as a fraction? ><
The question didn't really specify.. :'(

Evan.T

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Chairo Christian School
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:27 am »
0
i got 0.9
dunno some people got 0.8 it depended on how you drew your line
hopefully vcaa markers mark that question on the line we drew

For questions such as this, they typically allow 2 or so above and below the answer.

JohnJohn

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:36 am »
0
Easy but stuck on the last three matrix questions :(
2013: English, Further Mathematics, Information Technology App, Accounting, Business Management

abcdqdxD

  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1305
  • Respect: +57
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:57 am »
+1
I thought the question asked for what scale factor was needed to multiply the smaller discus to get the volume for the larger discus. I don't think the question asked for the actual volume.

The question asked what value must the volume of the small discus be multipled by to get the volume of the large discuss

Evan.T

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Chairo Christian School
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 11:41:47 am »
0
OH GOD does it matter if i left it as a fraction? ><
The question didn't really specify.. :'(

I left mine in a fraction format. I do not believe it would matter..because if you multiplied it by the fraction, you would get the same answer. Anyone else agree or disagree?

abcdqdxD

  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1305
  • Respect: +57
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 11:42:27 am »
0
I left mine in a fraction format. I do not believe it would matter..because if you multiplied it by the fraction, you would get the same answer. Anyone else agree or disagree?

Agree

Evan.T

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Respect: +3
  • School: Chairo Christian School
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 11:42:33 am »
0
The question asked what value must the volume of the small discus be multipled by to get the volume of the large discuss
I concur.

vashappenin

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 905
  • Respect: +31
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:07 am »
+4
I liked that exam SO much better than exam 1 :)
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

EternalSpirit

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 22
  • Respect: 0
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
0
As long the value for the fraction and decimal are the same, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter whether it's in fraction or decimal form.

Leezy95

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Respect: 0
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:42 am »
0
It was 720/500= 1.44 so therefore the scale factor was 1:1.44 ....... I think

MrCommerce

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 32
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 11:45:42 am »
0
it said they were "similar". didnt say anything about having a constant thickness. Doesn't "similar" imply varying thickness?

I thought this too. I don't remember anything saying that thickness was constant - unless, it said the AREA was similar?
2013 ATAR: 99.05
2014: Bachelor of Commerce/Law @ Monash University

abcdqdxD

  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1305
  • Respect: +57
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 11:46:38 am »
0
I thought this too. I don't remember anything saying that thickness was constant - unless, it said the AREA was similar?

I thought this until I looked at the diagram

ali352

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Respect: 0
  • School: emmanuel college
Re: Further Exam 2 - How did everyone go?
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
0
I think I would of got 50 or 51 out of 60