Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 06:58:58 pm

Author Topic: EFPBH's HHD 3/4 Question Thread  (Read 9493 times)  Share 

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +147
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: EFPBH's HHD 3/4 Question Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »
+1
Question: A health promotion program which addresses Obesity as an NHPA.

Answer: A health promotion program for Obesity is the Shape up Australia initiative which was developed by the Federal government. it aims to help Australians to reduce their weight, to improve their overall health and well-being.

would this be an appropriate response?

thanks

Well it would depend on how many marks the question is worth but you would also want to included a little bit about the specific details of “Shape up” such as the tips sheets which include tips to “Stay On Track When Eating Out” or the App that provides assistance with meal plans based on the Australian Dietary Guidelines.

Most times these types of questions would be worth 3 marks so you would need 3 main points of information.

Then at the end you would want to discuss how reducing weight can decrease the levels of obesity, because you always want to tie the answer back to the NHPA.

walkec

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 10:12:07 am »
+2
Outline key features of the condition known as asthma.  (2marks)

would a brief response be fine. Eg. There is no cure for asthma, but it can be controlled or managed through the use of inhalers.

thx

I have this same question on my SAC for this topic. Lots of people wrote something along the lines of what you suggested and didn't the mark.
Keep in mind that the question is asking for the key features of asthma. Your answer is not telling the examiner what asthma actually is.

Instead, try something like, "asthma is a chronic respiratory condition characterised by the inflammation of the airways"

Micheal Jackson

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:44 am »
+2
Outline key features of the condition known as asthma.  (2marks)

would a brief response be fine. Eg. There is no cure for asthma, but it can be controlled or managed through the use of inhalers.

thx

For a qs like this, you would need to say:
1. definition of asthma:  A common chronic inflammatory condition resulting in the widespread narrowing of the airways, resulting in  episodes of wheezing and breathlessness. Can be managed by ventilators
2. An example of what causes asthma: Caused by/trigger by allergens or smoking.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
+2
Thanks for the responses to my previous question, much appreciated.

on the topic of the NHPAs; Nutrition and the NHPAs.

do we need to go in depth for each nutrient .e.g. would one or two dot pots for each and the food sources be fine?

thx
Yeah 2-3 food sources are fine. Know the function of each nutrient, and make sure you can list some food sources. Eg for mono unsaturated fat all I have in my notes is that 'Fats essentially provide energy,  37kj  per gram, excess fat leads to weight gain. Monounsatuarted fats lower LDL cholesterol but increase HDL cholesterol'. Food sources include olive oil, nuts and peanut butter.

Rod
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 10:26:12 am »
+2
Topic: Promoting healthy eating in Australia

Question: what are the important info in this chapter, also are all those tables relevant?

Thanks
Yeah those tables are relevant, you don't have to memorise them but make sure you understand them, and understand how they have calculated the daily intakes.

You need to have a really good understanding of The Australian Guide to Health Eating, Australian Dietary Guidelines and also one dietary promotion program. You can do Heart Foundation or the other one in the chapter.
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!