Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 06, 2026, 07:22:15 pm

Author Topic: I might be able to help calculate your study score  (Read 18505 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »
0
Hi clidedescope, thank you for sharing such a fantastic initiative (the iPhone app) with us. I would send you money (physically through the mail) to keep this app running, if I had some to unlock other subjects for others.

Anyways, could you please predict the following scores for me please...

English GA1:B GA2:A GA3: C+

Methods GA1:B+ GA2:C GA3: B+

Specialist GA1:C GA2:D+ GA3: C

Further GA1:A GA2:A GA3: B+

Physics GA1:C GA2:B GA3: C+

Also I want to test the accuracy of this app through my last years result:
Software Development GA1:A GA2:A GA3: C+
I would be very surprised if the result came out to be 34

I have the software development one ..... and it didn't, it said 35 +

nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2014, 08:32:22 pm »
0

I don't have any science subjects (and I only have further maths, so be very wary of the answers for methods and spesh) so I really, really wouldn't advise believing the next ones. Regardless:
Physics: 37+
Biology: 37+
Chem: 35+

I do, but please only see it as a bit of fun, not as a given.   Especially considering it just kicked out a 35+ for S/Dev when they got 34  :-\

Physics 80% - 35+

Biology 75% - 33+

Chemistry - 70% - 33+


nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2014, 08:35:19 pm »
0
Edit: Modified...Never mind...

Ughh was just going to do it - with some reservations.   I'm still not confident that it's accurate even with your SD theory.

nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »
0
Chem: D+, A, B
Further: A+, A, A+
English: B, B, A
Business: A, A+, A+

Chem - 33+
Further - 45+
Bus. Man - 42+
English - 35+


nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »
0
I don't have Chinese sorry, and I'm guessing the weighting of the subject is different because of oral exams, so putting scores into the calculator for English wouldn't work well. Regardless, I did it using English, it said 42+.

Chinese - 42+

99.96 pls

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • You fap, I clap.
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »
0
2014 - Chinese SL [43+ pls]

2015 - English | Literature | Legal Studies | Mathematical Methods (CAS) | Specialist Mathematics

ATAR: 99.96 pls

clidedescope

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 92
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 02:41:40 pm »
0
((Sorry calphanso, I can't find your original post, so I can't quote you properly.))

"Hi clidedescope, thank you for sharing such a fantastic initiative (the iPhone app) with us. I would send you money (physically through the mail) to keep this app running, if I had some to unlock other subjects for others.

Anyways, could you please predict the following scores for me please...

English GA1:B GA2:A GA3: C+

Methods GA1:B+ GA2:C GA3: B+

Specialist GA1:C GA2:D+ GA3: C

Further GA1:A GA2:A GA3: B+

Physics GA1:C GA2:B GA3: C+

Also I want to test the accuracy of this app through my last years result:
Software Development GA1:A GA2:A GA3: C+
I would be very surprised if the result came out to be 34"

I wouldn't worry too much about sending money (besides, I can't imagine my parents would appreciate me receiving money in the mail from a stranger of the internet :P)

English: 33+
Methods: 33+
Spesh: 27+
Further:35+
Physics: 30+
2013: Psychology [35]
2014: Legal studies [40] Further [44] English [42] HHD [41] Literature [33]
Atar: 93.45
2015: Bachelor of Secondary Education (Honours) / Arts at Monash Clayton
Available for tutoring in all subjects I scored 40+ in! PM if you are interested.

spectroscopy

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • *******
  • Posts: 1966
  • Respect: +373
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »
+1
hold on let me try the accuracy of this thing with number grades
try psychology
GA1: 97
GA2: 96
GA3: 82
It predicted you'd have got 37 +

this thing is completely off. those were my scores last year after scaling (i ordered a statement of marks) and i got a 41 not a 37

nondiscrypt

  • Guest
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »
0

Thanks spectroscopy, you've proven that it's about as accurate as a tarot card reading  :P

I appreciate you taking the time to test the theory

Reus

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • ******
  • Posts: 2125
  • Respect: +135
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »
0
It predicted you'd have got 37 +


this thing is completely off. those were my scores last year after scaling (i ordered a statement of marks) and i got a 41 not a 37
Haha thanks for the reassurance! Was getting worried  ::)
2015: Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Global Studies @ Monash University

swagsxcboi

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 367
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »
0
It predicted you'd have got 37 +


this thing is completely off. those were my scores last year after scaling (i ordered a statement of marks) and i got a 41 not a 37
but spectroscopy, I think you gave your GA3 incorrectly? isn't it doubled?
2013: Biology [47]

2014 AIMS: English (37)    Methods (37)    Business Management (30)    Chemistry (40)


2015 AIMS:
Applied Science/Physiotherapy Practice at La Trobe

Feel free to PM me about Bio or anything :)

spectroscopy

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • *******
  • Posts: 1966
  • Respect: +373
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2014, 07:07:08 pm »
0
but spectroscopy, I think you gave your GA3 incorrectly? isn't it doubled?
the percentage doesnt change when they double what its out of, they just make it out of 280 instead of 140 and i got 232/280 which is 82.8 odd so yeah i gave it correct the calculators wrong.

ps they double what its out of (from 140 to 280) to be able to more easily differentiate people

swagsxcboi

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 367
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2014, 07:30:33 pm »
0
the percentage doesnt change when they double what its out of, they just make it out of 280 instead of 140 and i got 232/280 which is 82.8 odd so yeah i gave it correct the calculators wrong.

ps they double what its out of (from 140 to 280) to be able to more easily differentiate people
Yeah I understand why the double mark it, but perhaps the calculator asks for it out of 280?
2013: Biology [47]

2014 AIMS: English (37)    Methods (37)    Business Management (30)    Chemistry (40)


2015 AIMS:
Applied Science/Physiotherapy Practice at La Trobe

Feel free to PM me about Bio or anything :)

spectroscopy

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • *******
  • Posts: 1966
  • Respect: +373
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »
+1
Just comment below your three predicted GAs (either in percentage or letter grade) and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.


oh i misinterpreted what you were getting at, but nah they ask for percentage not total marks so ya, and if your exam was so low that it was 82/280 it would predict far below 37

chasej

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1613
  • Respect: +56
Re: I might be able to help calculate your study score
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2014, 01:45:35 am »
+1
Guys and girls, this app is notoriously inaccurate as evidenced by this thread and could only provide disappointment or astonishment, not accuracy. It is in the nature of study scores that they are impossible to accurately predict, however, a much better system is available on this site for free and although takes a minute or two longer than punching something into an app, is way better if you want to have a more realistic view of where you stand. For example, it predicted I would get 42+ for economics and 42 was my exact raw score.

Here it is: How to Predict your own Study Score - A Guide
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.