I have a module B assessment for T.S.Eliot on tuesday and I VERY URGENTLY need someone to provide overall general feedback, what I've done well/what I can strength for an essay I wrote this morning. Although it wasn't timed, I did it mostly closed book. My assessment requires us to discuss only one poem and we must respond to a "to what extent" equation after herring an audio on someones opinion. This was just an easy I wrote for practise, and Id very much appreciate feedback.
Thanks!
Hey Georgia! In the interests of trying to get you some feedback before your assessment tomorrow, I'm not going to go through the whole thing in detail, just provide some overall comments! It won't count towards your 15 post requirement and you can come back and use those another time

- Good ideas presented in the introduction - Be sure they are expressed clearly. Being overly verbose will hinder you sometimes. Nice work - I'd avoid first person at the end there though!
- Excellent analytical style, fantastic links to the context of the 21st century reader
- Be sure that every quote you provide has a technique associated with it, avoid saying "the line" as much as possible. It should always be "the simile" or "the symbolism in", etc etc
- Be sure of your arguments - Don't say a conclusion is 'plausible,' argue it home as if there is no other truth!
- Avoid rhetorical questions (unless this is a speech)
- Try to discuss themes not characters (don't discuss what we learn about Prufrock, discuss what we learn more generally - Even if you then link to something more general, Prufrock isn't a necessary step to that end)
-
Be sure to make a judgement, the question is asking "to what extent," you need to put in evaluative verbs, even something as obvious as "to a significant extent," to answer the question properly.
Hopefully the last minute feedback is helpful - Good luck
