Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 12:31:54 am

Author Topic: 2015 HHD Exam PDF + Suggested Solutions  (Read 8680 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
2015 HHD Exam PDF + Suggested Solutions
« on: November 07, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »
+7
Hey guys!  Sorry for the delay, but *finally* here are some solutions.  Since I've had barely any time they're definitely not comprehensive (many other answers would be sure to score full marks), and they are not all written to the standard I would necessarily expect in an exam and aren't intended to be full model answers; but the ideas are there for your interest, and hopefully you fleshed them out in full on the exam!

EXAM PDF HERE, many thanks to tashhhaaa for scanning!

DRAFTED SOLUTIONS HERE

Let me know if you have any questions about what could/couldn't score marks or if my stuff doesn't make sense!
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
Re: 2015 HHD Exam PDF + Suggested Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »
Thank you for doing this!!

I lost too many marks. Want to die :(

I can't believe the stupid marks I lost -- for Q9 I couldn't read the graph properly because I was nervous and I wrote something like approx 50 LE for Chad and some number between 80 and 82 for Australia...

Since I wrote approximately did I save myself or is the question totally botched?

and for Q12 c, I didn't say the UN or WHO action areas or anything I said something like 'UN creating health promoting programs using donations from member states' is that worth any marks? :(

& I also forgot to mention that WAVES is also funded by YMCA :////

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 04:41:20 pm »
I can't believe the stupid marks I lost -- for Q9 I couldn't read the graph properly because I was nervous and I wrote something like approx 50 LE for Chad and some number between 80 and 82 for Australia...
Since I wrote approximately did I save myself or is the question totally botched?

(this question had a table not a graph, right?)  I don't know - I'm a softie and probably wouldn't take off a mark, but I can't get into the examiners' heads - and since the specific numbers are given to you, and it asked to use data, there's a chance you could lose it.  Just don't know.

and for Q12 c, I didn't say the UN or WHO action areas or anything I said something like 'UN creating health promoting programs using donations from member states' is that worth any marks? :(

You definitely didn't have to link to UN/WHO areas - it's just a good way of drawing on your knowledge to answer a slightly different question! (e.g. if you haven't specifically learnt 'here is an example of multilateral aid', lots of people panic when actually their other knowledge under other SD dot-points has the answer).  Were you more specific about what the health-promoting programs were/did?  If not, that could be a potential loss because it's a bit vague.

& I also forgot to mention that WAVES is also funded by YMCA :////

Meh, absolutely no worries there.  Definitely no marks lost!

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Private
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:49:12 pm »
For question 12a)
For my two reasons about why Australia provides aid,
I said a) to help reduce the burden of disease in developing countries and ultimately improve global health
b) to work towards achieving the UN MDG's

Do you reckon that would be 2 marks?

Also for 12c)
Much like Tashaa, I think i talked quite vaguely about Multilateral Aid. Cause don't think we learnt about "Multilateral Aid" examples. So i think I just gave an example of  Australia , New Zealend and UK have provided some funds to an international organisation such as the WHO and with those funds the WHO developed specific programs and iniatives then i explained the global health link

Not exactly sure but was a dodgy question haha

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »
For question 12a)
For my two reasons about why Australia provides aid,
I said a) to help reduce the burden of disease in developing countries and ultimately improve global health
b) to work towards achieving the UN MDG's

Awesome, those are fine, I knew there was another one niggling in the back of my mind (to meet MDGs)!

Also for 12c)
Much like Tashaa, I think i talked quite vaguely about Multilateral Aid. Cause don't think we learnt about "Multilateral Aid" examples. So i think I just gave an example of  Australia , New Zealend and UK have provided some funds to an international organisation such as the WHO and with those funds the WHO developed specific programs and iniatives then i explained the global health link

Not exactly sure but was a dodgy question haha

That's what I'm talking about - you did learn examples (what was all your WHO/UN stuff? you should have learnt specific examples for the UN at least), but you didn't learn them under a nicely packaged label 'This Is An Example Of Multilateral Aid'.

Yeah, I can't tell (thankfully not an examiner lol) whether something vaguer would work - I would personally say you'd need a specific example of a program/initiative for the mark (since the question asks for an EXAMPLE) but quite possibly not.

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »
(this question had a table not a graph, right?)  I don't know - I'm a softie and probably wouldn't take off a mark, but I can't get into the examiners' heads - and since the specific numbers are given to you, and it asked to use data, there's a chance you could lose it.  Just don't know.

You definitely didn't have to link to UN/WHO areas - it's just a good way of drawing on your knowledge to answer a slightly different question! (e.g. if you haven't specifically learnt 'here is an example of multilateral aid', lots of people panic when actually their other knowledge under other SD dot-points has the answer).  Were you more specific about what the health-promoting programs were/did?  If not, that could be a potential loss because it's a bit vague.

Meh, absolutely no worries there.  Definitely no marks lost!

OH I got mixed up somehow I meant that I misread the graph in question 1... oops

I pretty much said what imaware said in vague terms eg. didn't list a country, think I just said 'an international organisation' rather than being specific :'( since it's worth 3 marks, would I get at least 1?

I'm really stressing now because the exam wasn't that hard and I made mistakes that I never usually make

imaware

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 05:03:26 pm »
Also for the trends question,
It was 2 marks for two trends, I was tossing up between adding data but noticed that they gave barely any space and It was 1 mark so i just wrote the trend.
Do you think data is necessary to gain the mark per trend?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »
OH I got mixed up somehow I meant that I misread the graph in question 1... oops

I pretty much said what imaware said in vague terms eg. didn't list a country, think I just said 'an international organisation' rather than being specific :'( since it's worth 3 marks, would I get at least 1?

I'm really stressing now because the exam wasn't that hard and I made mistakes that I never usually make

With graph reading, rough and ready is fine (I probably should've said 'about' in my answer too because my numbers weren't specific either).

You might lose the 1 mark for listing the example (but then again, I honestly don't know for sure), but you should definitely get 2 marks for the global health explanation if you explained well enough - those marks are designated to the explanation and have nothing to do with the example you listed, so you're all good there.

It doesn't sound like you made many mistakes, unless you're not listing out heaps of others...?

Also for the trends question,
It was 2 marks for two trends, I was tossing up between adding data but noticed that they gave barely any space and It was 1 mark so i just wrote the trend.
Do you think data is necessary to gain the mark per trend?

*grinds teeth* Tricky question.  I'm simply not sure.  The examples VCAA has given in the past have included data if I remember correctly, and I made a habit of always using it just to be sure, but that doesn't guarantee that you'll lose marks for not including it (especially given little space available).  If your teachers gave you marks in SACs without data, then probably assessors will also award marks here.

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 05:21:40 pm »
With graph reading, rough and ready is fine (I probably should've said 'about' in my answer too because my numbers weren't specific either).

You might lose the 1 mark for listing the example (but then again, I honestly don't know for sure), but you should definitely get 2 marks for the global health explanation if you explained well enough - those marks are designated to the explanation and have nothing to do with the example you listed, so you're all good there.

It doesn't sound like you made many mistakes, unless you're not listing out heaps of others...?

the problem is that I don't remember my exact responses and since I didn't check them I didn't know if they were thorough enough, so to err on the side of caution I'm overestimating the amount of marks lost

Also not sure how they will mark, maybe my explanations were too waffly as I filled all spare pages

imaware

• Forum Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 05:50:33 pm »
+1
the problem is that I don't remember my exact responses and since I didn't check them I didn't know if they were thorough enough, so to err on the side of caution I'm overestimating the amount of marks lost

Also not sure how they will mark, maybe my explanations were too waffly as I filled all spare pages

Wait what, you filled out all the spare pages in the end ? :o
Wizard

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: ABC
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »
+1
Wow thanks for taking the time to do this, it is much appreciated :)

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 11:45:43 pm »
For Q1, would it be okay to say  'LE definition is .... WHEREAS HALE definition is...?' hope so!!

Do you think the HLP will be accepted as an answer for 6d?

For 6b, i can't remember exactly, but i think i said Limit intake of saturated fats and food containing...., rather than limit intake of foods containing saturated fats....!!! Would i lose that mark??

with 11d. i'm kinda confused as to why they would ask this question. All the nutrients we learn about are protective or risk factors, but Mavis already has cancer, idk, i thought it was a silly question.

for 12c. i panicked and literally wrote rubbish :( the global health bit threw me off but, what do you think, i said something along the lines of:
Example: Australia could provide funds to the United Nations Immunisation Program in India (who knows if this exists)
Explanation: The program in India aims to reduce the incidence of U5MR by providing all children in India with immunisations against measles. This, if implemented all around the world may promote global health as all children worldwide would experience better health hence lowering global U5MR and promoting equity in health.
(i could've answered this so much better)

Wow thanks for taking the time to do this, it is much appreciated :)

second this!!

and Tashhhaaa i think many people would've made mistakes in the exam under the pressure, i know i certainly did. I feel exactly the same way as you, let's just hope for the best :D :D :D

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 08:21:04 pm »

Love it.

'Not sure if I was thorough enough... but man, I explained in so much detail I filled all spare pages'.

Make up your mind. ;)

For Q1, would it be okay to say  'LE definition is .... WHEREAS HALE definition is...?' hope so!!

Do you think the HLP will be accepted as an answer for 6d?

For 6b, i can't remember exactly, but i think i said Limit intake of saturated fats and food containing...., rather than limit intake of foods containing saturated fats....!!! Would i lose that mark??

I think all three would be totally fine.

with 11d. i'm kinda confused as to why they would ask this question. All the nutrients we learn about are protective or risk factors, but Mavis already has cancer, idk, i thought it was a silly question.
I know.  Precisely my thoughts, but apparently (super quick sneaky google ;)) your diet once you're diagnosed is still important in improving quality of life or something.

for 12c. i panicked and literally wrote rubbish :( the global health bit threw me off but, what do you think, i said something along the lines of:
Example: Australia could provide funds to the United Nations Immunisation Program in India (who knows if this exists)
Explanation: The program in India aims to reduce the incidence of U5MR by providing all children in India with immunisations against measles. This, if implemented all around the world may promote global health as all children worldwide would experience better health hence lowering global U5MR and promoting equity in health.
(i could've answered this so much better)

Also totally fine and I guess this would score full marks :)

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »
Love it.

'Not sure if I was thorough enough... but man, I explained in so much detail I filled all spare pages'.

Make up your mind. ;)

I'm one of those people who could say something in 100 words that others say in 10 though... and I have massive handwriting :s

for the Mavis question, I stupidly just approached it like a 'how does nutrition address osteoporosis' question and wrote something like
water: consuming more water > flushes out cancerous agents from digestive system (but I thought this was wrong since she's already got cancer
and I did pretty much the same for fibre and that it creates a feeling of fullness etc etc

is that ok?

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42:07 pm »
Ah cool! You made me feel so much better!!!