Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 06, 2024, 05:38:35 am

Author Topic: 5 Methods for Studying Mathematics  (Read 19790 times)  Share 

SSSS

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: 5 Methods for Studying Mathematics
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »
Thanks so mcuh for the response! I'd put examples but everythin you said is applicable to what I need to do! I am just stressing because I haven't been spending a lot of time on math.

By the way my first assessment is 10%. If I get in my 60s or 70s, do I still have a chance of getting a band 6?

Mod edit: Merged posts. For things like these, please resort to modifying your post if you have more to add :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:49:30 pm by RuiAce »

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: 5 Methods for Studying Mathematics
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
+1
Thanks so mcuh for the response! I'd put examples but everythin you said is applicable to what I need to do! I am just stressing because I haven't been spending a lot of time on math.

By the way my first assessment is 10%. If I get in my 60s or 70s, do I still have a chance of getting a band 6?
Short answer to that question is yes. Band 6's don't vanish that easily. (I could give a long version but it's too early into the HSC for that)

Well given you're aware of the time factor then you will want to get a start there. It just means you need to practice more and practice more.

Although, don't wear yourself out either. Don't exhaust you to the point that studying/preparation becomes ineffective. Also, make sure to focus on relieving the stress first. You can't get as much done whilst stressing than when you don't. That doesn't necessarily mean to just stop stressing; it just means to put aside a sufficient amount of stress and get started (once you start studying you may feel the stress disappears).