Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 03:16:55 am

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread  (Read 157673 times)  Share 

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread
« Reply #555 on: October 07, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
If you're not stressed I wouldn't be "not concerned" haha

Stress is certainly normal. Though depending on how you take it stress may be good so just take it easy

tahmina

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #556 on: October 07, 2016, 06:17:51 pm »
+1
did you guys study for every subject before the english exam, or study the for the other subjects after the english exam, because thats what I'm doing !

hahahhaha, i guess !

Moderator edit: Merged double post. Please try not to double post unless you have a reason to.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:20:54 pm by Aaron »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #557 on: October 07, 2016, 08:30:31 pm »
did you guys study for every subject before the english exam, or study the for the other subjects after the english exam, because thats what I'm doing !

I definitely studied for the others as well, but I definitely focused on English in the week leading up to the exam!! I had other exams like a day or two later though, it  depends a little on your timetable in my opinion ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #558 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:46 pm »
Ditto to all of what Jamon said

I spent most of the early phases of stuvac studying for my later exams, and then played it out rationally from there onwards

bethjomay

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #559 on: October 08, 2016, 11:17:06 am »
How to study/focus when you're feeling mega-stressed? I can't stop feeling like I've already stuffed it and that makes it kind of hard to focus. I really want a good atar (94+) but I'm not sure if it's even achievable at this stage. :P
HSC 2016: Adv. English [83] Adv. Maths [89] Physics [80] Chemistry [85] Ancient History [94]
ATAR - 92.70

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #560 on: October 08, 2016, 11:21:14 am »
+3
How to study/focus when you're feeling mega-stressed? I can't stop feeling like I've already stuffed it and that makes it kind of hard to focus. I really want a good atar (94+) but I'm not sure if it's even achievable at this stage. :P
Well now's the time to drop those thoughts because what counts most is about to come. The final exams saved me more than anything else; all of my external marks were higher than my internals.

If you keep acting on the fact it's unachievable then it will be unachievable. Drop those thoughts and you can very well hit your aim.

Stress isn't abnormal. It means you need to stop letting it take over you and just believe in how powerful effective studying actually is. And to do that, you need to figure out your own techniques to reduce stress. For me, it was a walk in the park.

AFix

• Trailblazer
« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2016, 12:54:48 pm »
+1

Convince yourself of why you need this in the first place.  Take a deep breath and organise your tasks in sections that you know you can complete in a day.  By doing this, you can rest easy at night knowing you've completed atleast a section of work.  Because (if it means English) you have 5 healthly days to sort everything and organise it all before the exam.  And if its for other subjects, you can allocate your time in a way that ensures that you're not neglecting other subjects.  Personally, leading up to the English exam, I try and spend 2~ hours per day on Eng, while also making sure I spend a few hours on other subjects too.  I was also feeling MEGA stressed but psychologically it was healthier for me to look back at night and convince myself "Yes, I did work on a few other subjects and didn't waste my time"

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2016, 02:36:01 pm »
This ATARnotes zombie...

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2016, 02:51:58 pm »
This ATARnotes zombie...

(Image removed from quote.)

On Monday, I was above you (Rui) in the weekly post count by about 3 posts, and it lasted for a whole 5 minutes. It was a strange shift in the ATAR Notes gravitational forces! ;)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2016, 02:56:17 pm »
On Monday, I was above you (Rui) in the weekly post count by about 3 posts, and it lasted for a whole 5 minutes. It was a strange shift in the ATAR Notes gravitational forces! ;)
I think I might've noticed that! But I didn't check to see how long it lasted ahaha

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #565 on: October 08, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »
I think I might've noticed that! But I didn't check to see how long it lasted ahaha

Perhaps it was longer than 5 minutes (I don't check the leader boards frequently, let alone religiously) but it surely didn't last long!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #566 on: October 08, 2016, 03:10:30 pm »
Perhaps it was longer than 5 minutes (I don't check the leader boards frequently, let alone religiously) but it surely didn't last long!
I just glance at it when I have the time to every now and then.

Only to notice how often we post compared to Victorians :P

Stefan K

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #567 on: October 08, 2016, 03:18:03 pm »
There's only 5 days left and I'm not nervous or worried at all. I also feel as though I have so much to revise before the exams, yet I don't feel worried. Is this normal guys?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #568 on: October 08, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »
There's only 5 days left and I'm not nervous or worried at all. I also feel as though I have so much to revise before the exams, yet I don't feel worried. Is this normal guys?
You can feel that you have a ton to revise. But if you are revising, then sure, I don't see it as abnormal.

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
« Reply #569 on: October 08, 2016, 03:24:12 pm »

I honestly feel the same and i don't know if it's because i am that stressed that i don't care anymore or if i'm just taking the calm "whatever happens happens" outlook. Whichever it is, know you are not alone. If you just keep motivated from now til the end of your last exam and try to remember as much as you can you should be fine. I always try to think even remembering one piece of information is better than nothing so pushing yourself to just keep going and take it one bit at a time makes it all less overwhelming
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2