Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 02:51:12 pm

Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 5480 times)  Share 

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
There are several pokestops (or whatever they're called) scattered throughout our school campus and it's so funny. There have been 4-5 students from my Legal class who I haven't seen in 2 weeks cuz apparently Pokemon hunting > doing well in VCE.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 04:51:36 pm »
I'm level 13
What's your best pokemon at the moment? Golbat x 3 ~600CP, been saving resources until I get better CP stuff to evolve.
How much money have you spent on the game? $0
Where are some pokemon spawns/nests which you have found? squirtle spawn at the edge of an oval

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 07:16:44 pm »
Just as 'pointless' as mindlessly listening to music imo, which is what I'd be doing instead to and from my way to hospital. I see no issue with it, I was always a big fan of Pokemon (got the latest games on 3DS etc.), I think seeing some of the old gen back is refreshing haha. I see your point if someone is playing during times when they should be doing something a little more productive, but if it's time when they'd be doing nothing of significance anyway, (Pokemon) Go for it I say!

Yeah you're right. I am a big fan of pokemon myself, I'm currently playing the platnium series on DS at the moment when I'm actually supposed to be studying. lol (very unproductive, I know).

But the thing is, ever since it was announced that it will be coming out last year, it's been like a major craze (similar to a song like hello by adele). I have this feeling though that overtime, it won't be as popular anymore because people have gotten over it (think of it like how Adele's "hello" isn't that popular anymore or how Gangnam style by PSY is just "old")

I have nothing against it though, just putting my opinion up there (I do like pokemon. Probably one of my favourite series/cartoons of all time)  :D

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
  • Wisdom begins in wonder
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »
Yeah you're right. I am a big fan of pokemon myself, I'm currently playing the platnium series on DS at the moment when I'm actually supposed to be studying. lol (very unproductive, I know).

But the thing is, ever since it was announced that it will be coming out last year, it's been like a major craze (similar to a song like hello by adele). I have this feeling though that overtime, it won't be as popular anymore because people have gotten over it (think of it like how Adele's "hello" isn't that popular anymore or how Gangnam style by PSY is just "old")

I have nothing against it though, just putting my opinion up there (I do like pokemon. Probably one of my favourite series/cartoons of all time)  :D

I reckon the hype will die out but the true fans will stick around with it, they were always hyped for Pokemon Go, way before it became mainstream hahaha
It will stay relevant but it wont be as big as it is now.

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 07:17:19 am »

OMG i am playing the diamond and pearl versions on DS at the moment! Didnt think anyone still played with ds's tho lol

Jakeybaby

• Trendsetter
  • Grad Year: 2016
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 12:39:33 am »
OMG i am playing the diamond and pearl versions on DS at the moment! Didnt think anyone still played with ds's tho lol
I somehow found my old gameboys and DS and started to play Ruby :)
2016 ATAR: 98.60

2020: Bachelor of Finance @ University of Adelaide

Recipient of the 2017 University of Adelaide Principals' Scholarship

CalvinHill

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:18 pm »
I personally never played this game. I do not know what everyone likes it.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 10:42:24 pm »
I personally never played this game. I do not know what everyone likes it.

Maybe give it a go, though the craze is over ish
Heavy Things :(

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 02:44:49 am »
Maybe give it a go, though the craze is over ish
craze is well over :p Only the super hardcore guys play now. I think I stopped nearly a year ago LOL.