Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 09:57:24 am

Author Topic: Tutoring Legally  (Read 3102 times)  Share 

YellowTongue

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "With God all things are possible" Mt 19:26
  • Respect: +6
Tutoring Legally
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »
I'm looking into starting tutoring in 2017. I've applied for a workin with children's check and will apply for an ABN.

What do I actually need to declare to tutor legally? Is there a website somewhere that clearly outlines legal matters regarding tutoring?

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain" Psalm 127:1a

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Tutoring Legally
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:16 am »
+1
I'm looking into starting tutoring in 2017. I've applied for a workin with children's check and will apply for an ABN.

What do I actually need to declare to tutor legally? Is there a website somewhere that clearly outlines legal matters regarding tutoring?

You've set up absolutely everything you need to set up. You will be declaring your income and you'll be allowed to work with minors; that is everything you need to tutor. There is certification available, but it isn't mandatory :) you're already doing way more than most tutors will do when they start too! Best of luck with it! ;D

YellowTongue

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "With God all things are possible" Mt 19:26
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:31:50 am »
You've set up absolutely everything you need to set up. You will be declaring your income and you'll be allowed to work with minors; that is everything you need to tutor. There is certification available, but it isn't mandatory :) you're already doing way more than most tutors will do when they start too! Best of luck with it! ;D

Thanks for your response  :)

When I declare my income, is this just done in my tax return at the end of the financial year?
"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain" Psalm 127:1a

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 12:49:34 am »
+1
Thanks for your response  :)

When I declare my income, is this just done in my tax return at the end of the financial year?

Yep I think that's how you do it! You won't be earning enough for it to be compulsory for you to be declaring quarterly ;D

Disclaimer: No expert on this, and you should definitely trust your own research and advice from professionals over some guy on the internet ;)