Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 09:38:43 pm

Author Topic: [50] My Notes and Practise Questions  (Read 13257 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: [50] My Notes and Practise Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »
+4
Here's my second SAC on Unit 4 AOS 1 (excluding SDGs).  (Dropbox not attachment because the file was too large and heidi and techsavviness don't go in the same sentence... except this one of course)

Hoping to get y'all the remaining four SACs next week. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »
+3
Here's my second SAC on Unit 4 AOS 1 (excluding SDGs).  (Dropbox not attachment because the file was too large and heidi and techsavviness don't go in the same sentence... except this one of course)

Hoping to get y'all the remaining four SACs next week. :)

You're an absolute legend! :))

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 08:27:08 pm »
+2
Thank you! Extra practice for my sac tommorow.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »
+3
I've put all this content in this dropbox folder, because I'm having issues with file upload size.  I've added in two more SACs (for U4 AOS2) - only the SDG SACs to go. ;D

Also, an edit for my notes: the Australian aid priorities in the first post's notes are out of date, though they're fixed in my dropbox notes.

updated (but mostly identical) notes here
Six Priorities (IGA BEE)

Infrastructure, trade facilitation and international competitiveness
Examples: fund infrastructure development to enable trade and economic growth (e.g. Cao Lanh Bridge in Vietnam, roads in Vanuatu); provide advice about policy changes to promote trade, effective markets and private sector investment
Impact: increasing employment opportunities, taxation revenue, new businesses, and the ability to participate in global trade increases families’ income and the country’s GDP.  Thus, it increases access to healthcare, education, food security, safe water and sanitation.

Gender equality and empowering women and girls
Examples: run the Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development program, which works with Pacific governments and the private sector to increase women’s leadership in decision-making and access to financial services and markets to expand economic opportunities, and to reduce violence against women; 80% of DFAT’s programs also address gender issues
Impact: women often lack education, employment and decision-making opportunities.  Empowering women raises the average income, literacy rates, and life expectancy.  Educated women have healthier families (as they have greater knowledge of nutrition, hygiene and immunisation, and have fewer children later), and are likely to send their children to school (promotes sustainability).

Agriculture, fisheries and water
Examples: run agricultural research to find more efficient and productive agriculture methods; support small-scale farmers; monitor fish stocks in the Pacific to ensure sustainability; increasing and helping plan irrigation infrastructure in Cambodia
Impact: increases income, which raises literacy and health rates; promotes good nutrition and safe water, which reduces risk of malnutrition and related illness, and water-borne diseases like cholera.

Building resilience: humanitarian assistance, disaster risk reduction and social protection
Examples: provide temporary shelter, safe water, food supplies, staff and healthcare to areas in emergency, e.g. immediately after Haiti earthquake.
Impact: reduces suffering, increases survival and decreases mortality from injury, starvation and spread of disease, and helps people return to leading productive lives more quickly.

Education and Health
Examples: build schools, train teachers and develop curriculum in Vanuatu to improve education access and quality, focusing on girls and the poor; offer Australian Awards to enable students from partner countries to study in Australia, to build their capacity to contribute to their country’s development; build public toilets and pumps in Indonesia to reduce infectious and waterborne disease rates; provide high quality maternal and child health services; support interventions to reduce malaria and improve access to anti-malarial drugs
Impact: education gives people skills that will enable them to earn a decent income and contribute to the country’s economy, expanding their choices, capabilities, standard of living and chance to lead productive and creative lives.  It builds the country’s income and increases access to food, healthcare, and safe water.  Educating girls improves maternal and child health.  Poor health perpetuates the cycle of poverty and low HD.  Ill people can’t go to school/work to develop skills and earn an income, decreasing their access to knowledge, health and a decent standard of living.

Effective governance: policies, institutions and functioning economies
Examples: provide advice to PNG government about financial management and establishing institutions like police forces, health and legal/voting system; contribute to peace-building initiatives in conflict-affected areas
Impact: stable, productive governments can work to promote the population’s health and HD, and provide a foundation for trade and economic growth.  Well-functioning governments provide stability and settle disputes peacefully and fairly, reducing risk of conflict.  They provide education, infrastructure and healthcare.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Abigail . Selvadurai.

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 04:46:55 pm »
Thank you so much Heidi
Thank you Heidi those notes are amazing thank you for sharing them.  I feel really prepared for tomorrow's exam.