Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:13:39 pm

Author Topic: STUDENT IN NEED OF REVITALISING!  (Read 1266 times)

johnk21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
STUDENT IN NEED OF REVITALISING!
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:59:48 pm »
Hey guys,
With the HSC 5 days out I have completely lost motivation. Today and Yesterday I only did about 2 hours of study (my goal is atleast 6). I really tried hard to study and made plans, but my brain just crapped out after 15 minutes. What should i do to ensure this does not happen again??
Thanks

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
Re: STUDENT IN NEED OF REVITALISING!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »
+3
A couple of factors maybe in play here.
Burn-out:This is a good guide to read on it

Purpose: Set out a "detailed" plan on what you want to achieve in each study session. That way you can ensure what you need to do and stay disciplined to do the study.
No Purpose=No Motivation

Being hard on yourself: Relating to point 2, set reasonable expectations for work and be kind to yourself. Don't stress out. Prioritise and Execute.
Do what is in need the most and if you achieve that, then be happy. Anything extra is a bonus.

Not breaking down task: You may be setting to big of a goal
Eg: Do an essay on Medea
-This is too abstract, what am I focusing on?

Reworked: Do an essay on Thematic prompts for Medea
Focus on implementing more quotes in paragraphs and using them as evidence as opposed to dropping them in.
-This is better because the task is clear and you have set a clear purpose.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

Savas_P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
+1
hahaha same!! I might follow the advice from above. wish I didn't spend so much time on ozbargain and reddit, oh well, we still have a few days to study. do you know your work well?

johnk21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:03 pm »
+1
hahaha same!! I might follow the advice from above. wish I didn't spend so much time on ozbargain and reddit, oh well, we still have a few days to study. do you know your work well?
Yeah i know my content fairly well, just up to exam revision and technique at this stage. As they say, its never too late to study!! Just hope i dont regret it later on  :( :(