Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 11:51:38 am

Author Topic: Reflecting on Yr 12- what you did well/ wish you did differently???  (Read 1028 times)

Never.Give.Up

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
Hello fellow ANers  ;D

sorry...not sure whether this question has ever been asked before...but am just interested to find out what past Yr 12 students feel they have done well that has set them up for a good year and what they could have done better/wish they did to make it more successful!!!

thanks so much...hope this can help heaps of other students as well!!! 
can't wait to hear the responses ;D :D ;)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Reflecting on Yr 12- what you did well/ wish you did differently???
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:01:24 pm »
+4
There's a similar thread for VCE, but nothing really encompassing HSC or year 12 across both states :)

You might be looking for the input of a past HSC student - sorry to disappoint on that front - but personally, I think the main things that set me up for success were:
- Paying attention in class
- Being willing to be proactive and ask questions
- Keeping a cool head going into assessments and exams & keeping your eye on the bigger picture
- Remembering that VCE (or the HSC) is designed for people your age! There's nothing to stop you from succeeding if you put your mind to it
- Not spending all my time studying

Sure, there's a few things I'd change, like maybe putting in a bit more effort, or getting better study habits, but I ended up with a result I was extremely happy with, and how I did in year 12 is pretty irrelevant to me now haha, so I can't have too many regrets.

I'd be interested to read the opinions of people just finishing year 12 now! :)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:03:39 pm »
+4
Got a tutor!!! Omfggg literally such a regret, I always had the mentality that I didn't need one but I saw how much it boosted my friends marks. They basically force you to continuously revise each week and it would be so handy to have a spare set of eyes to look over my work - probably the inspiration for beginning online tutoring myself for the class of 2018 :P

But not to discredit myself, I still got great marks in the 90s for most and 80s in some, but I know that couldve been solid, high 90s with a tutor

Also wish I didn't wish this year away... it went so quick ahh
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

bimberfairy

• Trendsetter
  • Dedicate the present to working on yourself
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:27:37 pm »
+3
In the middle of doing my HSC right now, but honestly, I really wish I revised more consistently. I think one of the biggest problems I had was complacency? I'd go for periods without studying anything and then a couple of weeks full cramming, and I believe if I stuck to studying a bit everyday for a whole year, I would've been less stressed. Also, starting notes early omgggggg. It would've saved my life if I began compiling my notes earlier or before we learnt the content in class, because it would've allowed me to be familiar with what the teacher was talking about.
HSC 2017: Mathematics Extension | Mathematics Advanced | English Advanced | Biology | Legal Studies | Business Studies
2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) @ USYD

"Everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."