Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 08:56:58 pm

Author Topic: VCE History: Revolutions Exam Discussion and Questions  (Read 11755 times)

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
Re: VCE History: Revolutions Exam Discussion and Questions
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 08:02:53 pm »
+1
That is pretty much exactly what I did, as long as you related it to the sources, especially source 1 and your answer was clear and fluid you should easily score a high mark (i guess)
LOOOOOOL. i fkn made shit up based on my knowledge of female prejudice in Europe which i learnt from English this year

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 08:05:04 pm »
I think i just infered things based on the sources as well from memory i only remebered that females were allowed to pledge to divorce

batman_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 12:58:56 am »
Hey guys! :)

With how hard this exam was, if you were rank 1 after SACs and pulled around a 56/80 (70%) on the exam, would it still be possible to get a reasonably high study score? (eg around 37-40)?

Thanks for any response! :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 06:46:17 am »
+3
Hey guys! :)

With how hard this exam was, if you were rank 1 after SACs and pulled around a 56/80 (70%) on the exam, would it still be possible to get a reasonably high study score? (eg around 37-40)?

Thanks for any response! :)
Really hard to say - it will depend how the rest of the state went! :)

If you go off last year's grade distribution, 109+ was an A+ so getting a 56 (112) or higher would definitely put you in that range. To me, it definitely sounds like an achievable study score range, but I honestly think you're better off not stressing about it :)

imiller

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 11:13:47 am »
+7
Here's the exam:
I don't think you can post pictures on this thing so I'll type out the questions (it'll take too long to type the sources too) here's Section A and B for all Revolutions. ***sorry for any mistakes!

SECTION A
America:
Question 1
a. Using source 1 and your own knowledge, outline the cause of tensions between Britain and colonies.
b. Using source 2 and your own knowledge, explain how the Stamp Act caused a tense situation in the colonies from 1765 to 1766.
c. Analyse the significance of colonial response to British tax revenue Acts as a cause of the American Revolution. In your response, refer to the sources provided and other views.

Question 2
Explain how economic conditions created challenges for the new regime. Use evidence to support  your response.

Question 3
Explain the divisions that arose over the ratification of the Constitution. Use evidence to support your response.

France:
Questions 1
a. Using both sources and your own knowledge, outline the importance of the peasants in the overthrow of the 'privileged orders.'
b. Using source 2 and your own knowledge, explain what contributed to the Great Fear.
c. Analyse the significance of the Great Fear as a cause of the revolution. In your response, refer to the sources provided and other views.

Question 2
Explain the response of émigrés and of clergy to the changes brought about by the revolution. Use evidence to support response.

Question 3
Explain the internal divisions that arose from 1793 over the aims of the Revolution. Use evidence to support response.

Russia:
a. Using Source 1 and own knowledge, outline why the 'national question' became so critical in 1917.
b. Using both sources and own knowledge, explain the differences between the aspirations of the 'minorities' and Tsarist policy.
c. Analyse the significance of emerging non-Russian Nationalism as a cause of the Russian Revolution. Refer to sources provided and other views.

Question 2
Explain why the Constituent Assembly was dismissed in January 1918. Use evidence to support response.

Question 2
Explain how the consequences of the Treat of Brest-Litovsk challenged the new regime. Use evidence to support response.

China:
Question 1
a. Using Source 1 and own knowledge, outline what Mao Zedong (Mao Tst-tung) realised in Hunan about peasant movements.
b. Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain the conditions necessary to make Chinese peasants revolt.
c. Analyse the significance of Mao Zedong's (Mao Tst-tung's) focus on the peasants in the development of the revolution. In your response refer to sources provided and other views.

Question 2
Explain why Mao Zedong began the Great Leap Forward. Use evidence to support response.

Question 3
Explain the contribution of Jiang Quing (Chiang Ch'ing/Madam Mao) to the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. Use evidence to support your response.

SECTION B
America:
Question 1 – Essay
'Issues of Representative Government outweigh all other forces that drove the colonists to revolution'
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Question 2
a. Compare how Source 1 and Source 3 depict the experience of the continental Army soldiers at 'Valley Forge'.
b. Using Source 2 and own knowledge, explain the outcomes of 'Valley Forge' for the Continental Army soldiers.
c. Analyse the significance of the challenges faced by the Continental Army soldiers in consolidating the new regime. In response refer to sources provided and other views.

France:
Question 1 – Essay
'Privilege is the issue that outweighs all others as a cause of the French Revolution'
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Question 2
a. Compare how the visual features of Source 1 and Source 2 depict Marquis de Lafayette as a leader in the Revolution
b. Using source 3 and own knowledge explain why Lafayette lost popularity.
c. Analyse why opinions about Lafayette and other leaders changed during the consolidation of the regime. In your response, refer to the sources provided and other views.

Russia:
Question 1 – Essay
'The direct intervention of workers and of peasants was the most important cause of the two Russian revolutions of 1917.
To what extent do you agree?

Question 2
a. Compare how Source 1 and Source 3 depict the experiences of women in the new regime
b. Using source 2 and own knowledge, explain the role of Alexandra Kollontai in the new regime.
c. Analyse the experiences of women in the new regime. In your response use the sources provided and other views.

China:
Question 1 – Essay
'The actions of the Red Army towards the Chinese people were the key reason for the success of the Chinese Communist Party by 1949.'
Discuss.

Question 2
a. compare how source 1 and source 2 depict Liu Shaoqi (Liu Shao-ch'i)
b. Using Source 3 and own knowledge, explain the contribution Liu Shaoqi (Liu Shao-ch'i) made to improving conditions in China in the early 1960s.
c. Analyse why opinions about  Liu Shaoqi (Liu Shao-ch'i) changed during the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. In response, refer to sources provided and other views.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:53 am »
+1
^ Absolute legend, thank you!

I'll write some dot points about what I would have mentioned for China and Russia later today :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 03:17:51 pm »
Thanks, imiller! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Cricketer99

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 04:30:56 pm »
Overall I really liked the exam,  I did section A for Russia and Section B for France. The first three questions for Russia were difficult,  I left them and came back to them at the end,  didn't get to attempt question 1. The last two on Russia were great, about the Constituent Assembly and the Treaty of Brest Litovsk. The essay question about privelige on France was a beaut! Sources were a little weird for France, but overall I managed. Last question about Lafayette was a good one but I was running out of time so didn't do my best on it.  Just a few quick questions:
What did people do for the third question in Russia section A,  10 marks? 
Also for the Lafayette question with changing of opinions? 
Cheers