Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 06:45:22 am

Author Topic: OFFERING: VCE ENGLISH AND UMAT TUTORING 2018  (Read 511 times)  Share 

NRL97

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
OFFERING: VCE ENGLISH AND UMAT TUTORING 2018
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:16:00 am »
Hey y'all,

My name is Nushrat and I’m currently offering tuition services to those seeking guidance in VCE English (Units 1-4) and the UMAT. I graduated in 2015 from the Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School with an ATAR of 99.35 and a raw study score of 49 in VCE 3/4 English. I am currently completing a Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Hons.) at Monash University, and so was required to sit the Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test (UMAT) during Year 12 for entry into my course – in which I scored in the 97th percentile. Achieving these results has given me the privilege of not only studying my dream course at university, but also having the ability to help others do the same.

MY APPROACH

My teaching repertoire is almost entirely based on fostering a personal interest in the subject within my students so as to guarantee maximum motivation, and hence performance. Furthermore, I understand that each and every student is different – I will do my very best to cater to your specific goals and abilities. My method of teaching is also very practice-based, so students can rest assured that they will be extremely familiar with working on each subject under test conditions long before exam time!

As an English study is a prerequisite for any course, I understand that it can initially be intimidating, and students often underestimate their capacity to succeed in the subject – trust me, I’ve been there! However, with enough dedication and guidance it is absolutely possible to not only achieve stellar results, but love the subject, too!

The same initial feelings are often shared in relation to the UMAT, as it is often thought that one must rely purely on natural ability to succeed in it. Whilst this is partly true, it is definitely possible to refine both your intuition and speed when completing such exam questions, and I will provide various tips and tricks to help you do so!

TUTORING SERVICES

Those who choose to hire me as a tutor will have access to a plethora of indispensable resources that will guarantee students an advantage over their peers. These include numerous A+ essays, some of which have garnered full marks from both teachers and VCAA assessors, as well as a variety of difficult prompts and a repository of comprehensive notes on various texts from the study design. I have also acquired a diverse range of Language Analysis articles in booklet-form that I use as practice assessment material for my current students. Finally, have an online folder of several practice papers that will be shared with prospective students, so it will be absolutely impossible to run out of learning materials!

In regards to the UMAT, I have a collection of several practice exams and drills that I provide students with – these are worked through both during lessons and outside of class as optional homework. I also provide detailed written solutions to every question, which can be further clarified with me personally at any time. I slowly build up the speed at which these questions are completed as July approaches to ensure that students are more than adequately prepared for the rigid time constraints of the exam.

LOCATION, AVAILABILITY & COSTS

As a full time medical student I have many contact hours at university, and so once the semester begins my availability will be contingent on my timetable. However, as I am currently on break, my availability is much more flexible- this can be further discussed upon expression of interest. I currently conduct my lessons at Clayton Public Library, or the Clayton campus libraries of Monash University.

For both English and UMAT, I charge $50 per hour for private tutoring, which reduces to $40 pp/hour for two and $35 pp/hour for a small group of three to four.

I look forward to hearing from you soon (feel free to PM me or email [email protected], or just message 0468599816) for any further queries, and will do my best to accommodate your necessities!