Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 04:30:09 am

Author Topic: Food Studies Unit 3&4 Exam Discussion  (Read 6944 times)

joel_christie2017

• Adventurer
  • joel0_0
  • Respect: +13
Food Studies Unit 3&4 Exam Discussion
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »
Hey all, how did you guys find the Food exam today?

I personally found it fairly straight forward but there were A LOT of questions that required lengthy answers.

Plus I think I may have rushed the extended response a little but I finished.

What questions/topics did you guys struggle with or which ones did you find easy?  ;D
Joel

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
Re: Food Studies Unit 3&4 Exam Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:30:19 pm »
+1
Yeah, there was soooo much to write for that time amount of time. Didn't get to finish the extended response but I'm pretty confident with the rest of my answers. Multiple choice was also surprisingly easy (finished it in the first minute lol?) and very similar to the sample paper.

Also praying for the assessor that has to mark my exam - a quarter of it was written in broken English and barely legible handwriting.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:32:11 pm by lovelyperson »

joel_christie2017

• Adventurer
  • joel0_0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:39:13 pm »
+1
I agree, the multiple choice questions were suspiciously easy. The one on macronutrients for children was like a question that basically gave away the answer (Q4 or 5)

From memory, it was asking for macronutrients and all 3 responses but one contained other micronutrients and one/two of the macronutrients. I’m hoping I picked the correct one, which was the one with all 3 macronutrients  :o

Also, because I was rushing my handwriting became a little less legible as time progressed so hopefully the examiners can read it!
Joel

ruthgovan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Elisabeth Murdoch College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:08:13 pm »
+1
I agree. I found mc. Super easy. The exam was very like the sample. I really love the 10 point question. Same I rushed most my answers to finish in time. Heaps from my school said they were unhappy with it I dunno why?

joel_christie2017

• Adventurer
  • joel0_0
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:35:25 pm »
I saw a lot of people on the VCE Discussion Page on Facebook saying they really did not like today's exam at all. I mean sure, I can understand that there were so many questions that were lengthy (a LOT of 4-5 mark questions) but I thought it was fairly straight forward.

But, I'm sure that we all did our best and will achieve! Well done on completing Food Studies everyone  :D. Has anyone got any plans to continue onto tertiary study that incorporates food in some way? I know I'm looking at doing the Bachelor of Food Studies at William Angliss or Food Technology and Nutrition at RMIT.
Joel

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:46:52 pm »
+2
Congrats on finishing, everyone, and I hope you're all happy with how you went on the exam :)

Was this anyone's last exam? If so, congratulations on finishing VCE! :D

joel_christie2017

• Adventurer
  • joel0_0
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
Oh wow! Well, I’m sure that you’ll get in  :D. Good luck for the future everyone
Joel

ruthgovan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Elisabeth Murdoch College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 09:27:25 pm »
Question do teachers get access to our study scores. I thought they were ours and teachers dont get copies only % of overall questions the class did on

Sam M

• Forum Regular
  • :)
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:10 pm »
Question do teachers get access to our study scores. I thought they were ours and teachers dont get copies only % of overall questions the class did on

No, I'm fairly sure teachers receive their students' study scores, or at least I know that this is the case for teachers at my school.
2016: Psychology
2017: English [49], Literature, Methods, Biology, Revolutions [50].
Atar: 98.85