Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 10:51:42 am

Author Topic: Arts at monash or Melbourne?  (Read 2449 times)  Share 

lolszzz71

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Arts at monash or Melbourne?
« on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:48 pm »
Hi all!
I am enrolled at an arts course at Monash but I recently got offered arts at Melbourne uni. I can’t decide which one to go to since they both have their pros and cons. Firstly, monash is way further than Melbourne in terms of distance and I prefer Melbourne’s location heaps better. Secondly,  monash offered me a scholarship which I’m not sure if I want to give up. I’m also keen on law/international relations but I’m not sure whether the Melbourne jd or Monash law undergrad are better in the law field.Thanks :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Arts at monash or Melbourne?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:16:02 am »
+1
How far away is Monash and how far away is Melbourne?

What’s the value of the scholarship?
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:00:23 pm »
Melbourne base on location alone.

You'll be going there 4 times a day for the best 3 years.

Location makes a big difference.
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 03:40:31 pm »
+1
Melbourne base on location alone.

You'll be going there 4 times a day for the best 3 years.

Location makes a big difference.

I think brenden's questions above are good ones, though. I was in a really similar position: I wanted to study Arts, UoM was more convenient for me, but Monash offered me a scholarship.

I went to Monash and have absolutely no regrets, but I think it's difficult to say without knowing how long the travel time will be, and what the scholarship is worth, amongst other factors (how do you want to be spending your time?).

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:04 pm »
Hi all!
I am enrolled at an arts course at Monash but I recently got offered arts at Melbourne uni. I can’t decide which one to go to since they both have their pros and cons. Firstly, monash is way further than Melbourne in terms of distance and I prefer Melbourne’s location heaps better. Secondly,  monash offered me a scholarship which I’m not sure if I want to give up. I’m also keen on law/international relations but I’m not sure whether the Melbourne jd or Monash law undergrad are better in the law field.Thanks :)

Regarding law at Melbourne vs Monash, you may find the discussion in this thread helpful:

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=171704.0

:)
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator