Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 05:16:24 pm

Author Topic: What are your plans for after exams?  (Read 4544 times)  Share 

Jakeybaby

• Trendsetter
  • Grad Year: 2016
  • Respect: +23
Re: What are your plans for after exams?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 11:12:21 pm »
+3
Take a break and do something relaxing everyone!
The best thing that you can do is take a break after all the hard work that you've all put in other the last 10 months!
2016 ATAR: 98.60

2020: Bachelor of Finance @ University of Adelaide

Recipient of the 2017 University of Adelaide Principals' Scholarship

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 11:22:53 pm »
+4
Have fun with that. It's.... interesting to say the least. Are you doing both the Lit & Num on the same day or separately? I remember when I did mine, did them on the same day and had about a 90 min gap in between.
Yep, blasonduo and I are doing them both on the same day. When we booked the morning ones were only available so we have to go in at 7:30. Tried a practise one tonight and it was really boring.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 11:32:50 pm »
+5
Yep, blasonduo and I are doing them both on the same day. When we booked the morning ones were only available so we have to go in at 7:30. Tried a practise one tonight and it was really boring.

Whole thing is boring. Literacy one was painful - reminded me of NAPLAN. Reading big slabs of text on a screen is terrible.

They don't allow you to have your own calculator for Numeracy, the only permitted one for the calculator section is an on-screen one that works really badly. I'm sure it'll be an experience (not in a good way) for you both. GL
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 09:45:09 pm »
+9
Since I'm finishing my final essays soon (have an extension) and I should get the all-clear from the doctors this coming Monday:

-Get Bumble (it's apparently better than Tinder)
-Get a twitter account (while I'm not a very public person it''s use for journalists-like I don't have Linkedin)
-Complete a few applications for various things (uni and Teach for Australia jobs, hospital volunteering, editorial internships, theatre stuff) as well as ask for opportunities with various people in public health and Neuroscience who I would love to gain experience from (may be a long-shot but it's worth a try)
-Watch Sabrina (watched half of the first ep)
-Try to get a day jobs of some kind (although I missed the boat for Christmas casual apps since I was sick but still busy with everything else)
-Break down a bunch of TV pilots
-Study for the GAMSAT
-Work on some of my public health projects that I've recently managed to discuss with hospitals about collaborating
-Volunteering in a community violence education project
-Learn data science and epidemiology
-Write plays, teleplays and long-form journalism (and submit them to places that I really like)
-Do a few spoken word open mics
-Have an Anthropology reading group every 1-2 weeks at uni over the summer holidays
-Theatre
-Get back into Spanish again and continue Arabic
-Practice Cello (haven't been doing so in ages)
-Maybe start transitioning back into uni debating by judging at a few tournaments
-Exercise (not sure in what form, but since the whether will be nice, long-distance walking is probably a good start, I used to do long-distance running ages ago but probably won't get back into it anytime soon)
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 01:49:42 am »
+4
dont have exams anymore cos I got a full time job but over the summer shutdown period I am going to hibernate on a beach for 2 weeks and watch every show on netflix. enjoy holidays while you can guys :)