Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 03:59:18 pm

Author Topic: Access Melbourne  (Read 1051 times)  Share 

Livthomas

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Access Melbourne
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:05:27 am »
I received an ATAR of 68.05 which I am extremely gutted about  :( however I have applied for category 1, 2 & 4 of SEAS which I believe are categorised under High - Very High.

I haven’t received any access melbourne emails regarding eligibility, does this mean I cannot get in with a selection rank of 80 (access melbourne) instead of 85 for Arts?

My SEAS adjusted ATAR + bonuses will be around 79-80, can I still be considered or not?

Therefore to conclude, should I keep it first preference or not? (somebody last year got accepted into Arts with a 57/73 adjusted)

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Access Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:20:14 am »
I received an ATAR of 68.05 which I am extremely gutted about  :( however I have applied for category 1, 2 & 4 of SEAS which I believe are categorised under High - Very High.

I haven’t received any access melbourne emails regarding eligibility, does this mean I cannot get in with a selection rank of 80 (access melbourne) instead of 85 for Arts?

My SEAS adjusted ATAR + bonuses will be around 79-80, can I still be considered or not?

Therefore to conclude, should I keep it first preference or not? (somebody last year got accepted into Arts with a 57/73 adjusted)

I'm sorry that you're disappointed with your result. To my understanding, the guarantees apply for your "raw" ATAR, without SEAS applied. In this I could be wrong though. Your chances of BA at Melbourne are very low; however, they will be 0 if you do not have it as your first preference. You lose nothing having it as your first preference.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

Livthomas

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:32:31 am »
I'm sorry that you're disappointed with your result. To my understanding, the guarantees apply for your "raw" ATAR, without SEAS applied. In this I could be wrong though. Your chances of BA at Melbourne are very low; however, they will be 0 if you do not have it as your first preference. You lose nothing having it as your first preference.

If I leave it as my first preference, do I still have a high chance of being accepted into my other courses (my atar enough for entry) or not?

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:46:43 am »
Universities aren’t told what preference you put their courses. They are only given your information such as ATAR and Seas eligibility. From this they decide to offer you or not. VTAC takes all these offers and shows you ONLY the highest one on your preference list. In other words, if you manage to miss out on your top 4 but get your fifth preference VTAC will still show it.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 06:01:36 pm »
+1
Yep guarantees apply to your raw ATAR. As Vox and Lear said though, you may as well still leave it as your first preference to give yourself a chance, regardless of how low that chance is it's better than none.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra